It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: OT Chuks Okorafor 3rd RND Pick 92nd overall
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:24 am 

I didn't like the pick but given track record recently with oline if anyone can fix issues with this kid who has elite tool it is Munchak.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:48 pm 

steelclan wrote:
I didn't like the pick but given track record recently with oline if anyone can fix issues with this kid who has elite tool it is Munchak.

I was like WTF when they made this pick.

Then, I remembered Munchak.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:19 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
steelclan wrote:

I was like WTF when they made this pick.

Then, I remembered Munchak.

Yeah, this kid will replace Gilbert in 2020.

Post subject: Re: OT CHUKS OKORAFOR 3rd RND Pick 92nd overall
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:03 pm 

KC wrote:
Has to be a future swing tackle.

Very raw.

Trai Essex part deaux? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:12 pm 

DP39 wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
can someone please convince me.....
a team with holes to fill
that is in win now mode.
that needs help with ILB
help with edge rushing abilities,
help with NT competition,

<<<< Look to the left when you read this next question

please convince me we did not just spend our two 3rd round picks on game day inactives..............

1. Bostic will be better than you think.
2. Edge rushing will come from a better Watt and Dupree. Also from Hilton, Davis, Edmunds, Sutton and Burnette.
3. A healthy Hargrave and Tuitt will make a big difference on the DL. Walton was coming on as well. I think they grab a DL in the 5th.
4. There will be some decent Vet players released that will provide value backup support in spots of need.

I love Bostic the player but his problem is that he can't stay healthy. Hence the need for ILB depth.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:02 pm 

The kid is athletic so Munch will be able to mold him. I think they could have done it with someone like Will Richardson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:45 pm 

I like the pick. I looked into him and took him in the SF mock draft for the Texans. He's only been playing football for about four years I think. He has elite feet, size, length, strength and quickness. He just needs to be taught the game, our game, from the best (Munch).

If this kid gets serious about football, he will be a stud. I don't think he's lazy as much as inexperienced/insecure about how to play properly.

I could end up being wrong, but I really trust Munch and his evaluation of the player.

Also, when I was looking at him a month or so ago he was considered a top 70 pick.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:11 am 

If he is lazy, it is a Mike Adams pick. If it is just an issue of technique and learning, it could be a fantastic pick. I don't know enough about him to know if it is a "motor" issue.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:36 am 

Quote:
Okorafor’s upside probably being the highest of this year’s Steelers’ draft class is a result of him not playing football very long. In fact, Okorafor, who moved from Botswana, a country in Southern Africa, to the United States in December of 2010, said during this year’s combine that the first football game he ever saw was Super Bowl XLV between the Green Bay Packers and Steelers.

“I wasn’t really sure what (was going on),” Okorafor said at the combine. “But the thing kind of looked fun to me, so I said, ‘Let me give it a shot.'”

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/04/steelers-believe-chuks-probably-has-most-unique-upside-of-entire-2018-draft-class/

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:26 am 

Quote:
But then I read about Okorafor’s struggles with technique and balance, his inability to diagnose certain things while zone blocking and, the sin of sins for any football player, his lack of aggressiveness, and it gave me pause.
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2 ... tackle-nfl

I'm reading this young player 'Chuks' has elite feet and athleticism for a 6'6 320 pounder. Though 'Chuks' hasn't been playing football for very long. The rawness he is shown to have is simply experience [lack thereof]. His family immigrated here in 2010. Not like he was already playing football [as we know it] in Botswana. What folks are saying is he's a quick study. What Tomlin classifies as an 'above the neck player' or what we say 'cerebral player'. With the physicality of the OLine position his only question mark I think the 3rd RND was a deal. Munchak will coach 'Chuks' up on his abilities and his physical gifts will excel him into a solid if not elite OT. Which side he plays is still uncertain IMHO. He has the length and athleticism to play LT. I think they start him as swing until he ultimately gets in where he fits in. I think we may look back at this 'weird' draft and wonder why we weren't queued in on these players more. This draft could turn out to be a very good draft where they 'hit' on every draftee. I know it's way too soon. SBI if this is the case.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-4/ ... 79e3bfc43d

After all is said and done I believe this 'Chuks' OLine prospect is a far better 'gamble' than the rugby player from Australia. Whom many thought the Steelers should draft. JMO

Quote:
Okorafor has the light feet and long arms every scout is looking for in a potential left tackle but he plays passively, lacking a consistently physical punch and a finishing mentality. He is gifted (and experienced) enough to warrant a Day Two selection and with a little more glass added to his diet, could "surprise" as a future starter.https://www.themaven.net/nfldraftscout/ ... dg/?full=1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next