It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: OT Chuks Okorafor 3rd RND Pick 92nd overall
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:24 am 

Colbert said as much back in March, B2B. Outside of the top guys, he didn't like this ILB class. Once LVE and Evans were gone, and it has been reported we 100% were taking Evans if he was there, they moved on.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:12 am 

DP39 wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
can someone please convince me.....
a team with holes to fill
that is in win now mode.
that needs help with ILB
help with edge rushing abilities,
help with NT competition,

<<<< Look to the left when you read this next question

please convince me we did not just spend our two 3rd round picks on game day inactives..............

1. Bostic will be better than you think.
2. Edge rushing will come from a better Watt and Dupree. Also from Hilton, Davis, Edmunds, Sutton and Burnette.
3. A healthy Hargrave and Tuitt will make a big difference on the DL. Walton was coming on as well. I think they grab a DL in the 5th.
4. There will be some decent Vet players released that will provide value backup support in spots of need.

You forgot Alualu. He really came on towards the latter part of the season. Started seeing more snaps and making a difference with those snaps. The thing I like most about Alualu is he can play anywhere along that line and produce. Great FA signing IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:36 am 

Orangesteel wrote:

Shaz is gone. We don’t have a single defensive player on the roster that has game changing ability. Kind of a dumb term, but it’s true. The closest we have is Watt maybe Tuitt if he’s healthy but really nobody else on the defensive side of the ball that is a big time play maker.

That is frightening.

I know this is not how we envisioned this draft going. That said, do we really think there was going to be a player in the 3rd RND OR even in the second Round that was going to play that superhuman effort Steeler sideline to sideline ILB? Really? Seriously, No sarcasm intended.

This pick looks useless, disappointing and is even infuriating to most. That said, the Steelers have been doing this for some time. This ain't their first rodeo. Give this draft the benefit of the doubt for cripes sakes. Their smarter than most where the draft is concerned. I remember everyone throwing a tissy about the Shazier draft selection. He's too small. He'll always be injured. Now folks are saying he's the best player on the defense. Which I don't necessarily agree with. The fact that they became complacent with Shazier's athleticism and relied far too much on him is one of their flaws. There needs to be more of the hive mentality than relying on one maybe two players [out of an entire defense] always playing superhuman to make game changing splash plays. We've seen it a thousand times when that player is injured the defense falls off a cliff and we wonder why they haven't brought in more help than just that one player doing it all. /rant

This pick was a head scratcher for me as well. I'm not going to beat a dead horse in here. I'm going to watch intently as the process unfolds wait and see how this draft and what they do in UDFA/FA after the draft [if anything]. Hoping it pans out like the rest of the fans.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:50 am 

I would've rather seen Shaq Griffin come off the board with this pick. Okorafor is a project and there's probably not a better guy to teach/get the potential out of him than Munchak. Offensive line is a need, but you probably get this guy in Round 5 anyway.

Shaq would've brought fire to the locker room and good football IQ. Also, fills a need on defense. The pick would've allowed you to rotate Watt inside in some situations to throw a change up.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:02 am 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Trying to wrap my head around the thought process of this pick over a defensive player that may get on the field and contribute in 2018.
The year we need To win a SB.

Day two.
Three picks.
A defense that not only could not stop the run....
But lost its best defensive player....
And we spend our 3 day two picks all on offense...
With the last two of the offensive players that may not see the field for a year or two..
And an offensive lineman that may need to be stashed on the practice squad....

In a must win year.

Not been following closely, Stosh...but totally agree.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:05 am 

I watch a ton of MAC football, this guy is a sloth. Dumb pick. Could get a better caliber lineman in the 5th. Think Guy Whimper. Hopefully Munchak can work a miracle.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:06 am 

Steelers....Art Rooney II
Penguins...Mario Lemieux

Steelers....Mike Tomlin
Penguins...Mike Sullivan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:13 am 

I do not know who this guy is (doing the video) and it was posted before last college football season (July 2017)

I like the quick feet and that is difficult to find in a man that size.

Last edited by Havoc on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:13 am 

Trying to replace Shaz in this draft with the talent available? Not happening. The only player that was somewhat close was Roquan and Steelers were never getting near him. Tremaine Edmunds has big-time potential as well but he is 19 and I suspect he'll go through some Lawrence Timmons growing pains. Outside of those 2? Evans is ok, LVE looked like an overhyped prospect that thrived v inferior comp and in games teams focused on him (Virginia) he was anonymous.

Yes, I didn't like OT pick. I watched kid a bit when I was looking at Keon Adams games. He did beat out a 2nd rounder from last season to get to LT but he looks like a project. I'd rather have had Griffin or dline help. Not really sure what Steelers could've done to make a have a huge impact on the D. This was not the draft for that, truly only 20 players or so worth a 1st round grade. I see this draft being very similar to 2009.

I liked Washington pick (preferred Miller but he was gone). I'm ok with Rudolph and he is worth a gamble in 3rd. Today who the fuck knows? RB, TE, long snapper? If they get Griffin it would be marvelous but I'm betting he goes in 4th.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:16 am 

So far they have :

Pouncy
Decastro
Villanueva
Foster
GIlbert

BJ Finny
Matt Feiler
Jerald Hawkins

Who the fuck is Joseph Cheek?
Parker Collins?
Larson Graham?
. . .and Hubbard is gone.

Who else is there? They are looking for the 9th O lineman. 4 guys compete for one spot, not to mention Foster and Gilbert are the older guys on that line. How many do they typically carry including practice squad?

I know everybody was clamoring for defensive players, but the FA acquisitions in a major hole and what looks to be a hybrid safety LB guy seems like they are all good moves for the defense. New coaching, and the jettisoning of mitchell, gay, and spence.

I'm not unhappy except the randolph pick. They must really, really, like him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next