It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 1:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: QB Mason Rudolph - 3rd RD pick #79
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:12 pm 

Smashmouth21 wrote:
To me Josh Rosen was the clear No. 1 QB in this class. After him, there were 5 more QBs in the upper echelon worth gambling on as franchise QBs; all with 1st or 2nd round grades (after QB inflation). But outside of Rosen you are looking at projects and potential with considerable question marks. I like Rudolph better than Allen who went top 10 so getting him in the 3rd is great value. We will have to wait and see.

We watched two different QBs when we watched Josh Rosen, then. He has A TON of question marks. His tape is the story of plays he didn't make to win games.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:14 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
steelclan wrote:
MPH over 50. Rudolph is 52 (same as Drew Brees). Not great but good enough.

So after Ben we have to put a roof on Heinz?

After Ben, we'll be mediocre with Rudolph, and then we'll have to get lucky to find a franchise QB, because we'll be picking in the middle of the round.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:36 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
steelclan wrote:
MPH over 50. Rudolph is 52 (same as Drew Brees). Not great but good enough.

So after Ben we have to put a roof on Heinz?

After Ben, we'll be mediocre with Rudolph, and then we'll have to get lucky to find a franchise QB, because we'll be picking in the middle of the round.

Thanks, Nostradamus.

Here's a prediction for you. Franchise QB or not, the Steelers aren't hoisting another Lombardi until your pal Tomlin has left town.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:43 pm 

So after Ben we have to put a roof on Heinz?[/quote]
After Ben, we'll be mediocre with Rudolph, and then we'll have to get lucky to find a franchise QB, because we'll be picking in the middle of the round.[/quote]

Thanks, Nostradamus.

Here's a prediction for you. Franchise QB or not, the Steelers aren't hoisting another Lombardi until your pal Tomlin has left town.[/quote]

This, obviously.

Captain bullshit is not going to get it done.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:31 pm 

Havoc wrote:
"Every Mason Rudolph to James Washington Touchdown EVER ( 2014 - 2018 )"

My favorite thing about these clips is Washington either hands the ball to the ref or gently tosses the ball to him when he scores. Very Barry Sanders like.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:47 pm 

Watching the highlight video I noticed:
James Washington gets a lot of separation
James Washington is a nifty open field runner
Mason Rudolph likes play action
Mason Rudolph doesn’t take a lot of hits
The Big 12 still doesn’t play defense

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:06 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
We watched two different QBs when we watched Josh Rosen, then. He has A TON of question marks. His tape is the story of plays he didn't make to win games.

We will just have to beg to differ. Rosen delivered despite being in a Power 5 conference and everyone knowing he was his entire team. No real playmakers to speak of. No semblance of a running game. And a sieve for a defense. Teams were teeing off on him from the get go and he was forced to come from behind constantly. Did he always make the game-winning play? No. But kid is the real deal.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:33 pm 

Smashmouth21 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

We will just have to beg to differ. Rosen delivered despite being in a Power 5 conference and everyone knowing he was his entire team. No real playmakers to speak of. No semblance of a running game. And a sieve for a defense. Teams were teeing off on him from the get go and he was forced to come from behind constantly. Did he always make the game-winning play? No. But kid is the real deal.

I watched that Washington game and then the Arizona game and Rosen was awful. Truly awful. To be fair the one time Ben got on national college stage he stunk it up badly. Thing is I also watched the A & M game and stats will tell you Rosen was great but he wasn't. A & M had iron feet for hands. They made Ike Taylor's hands look like Cris Carter. Never seen so many dropped Ints. Again it was just a snapshot but I never remember Watson, Luck, Goff, Wentz having games that bad.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:34 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:

He's got the longest arms on a 5'10" guy I've ever seen. I didn't like him early because he looked like a RB or a DE playing WR, but I came around on him pre-draft. I worry about his route running being up to snuff, and he's a little stiff, but he's legit. DBs just bounce off the dude. And for those who question if he's got speed:

https://twitter.com/OKTheSports/status/660592267003109376

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:37 pm 

TB wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:

He's got the longest arms on a 5'10" guy I've ever seen. I didn't like him early because he looked like a RB or a DE playing WR, but I came around on him pre-draft. I worry about his route running being up to snuff, and he's a little stiff, but he's legit. DBs just bounce off the dude. And for those who question if he's got speed:

https://twitter.com/OKTheSports/status/660592267003109376

If he was going to a team that had few if any WRs/skill players of note I think he would struggle a bit. AB, JuJu, Bell, McDonald, a good oline, and Ben means he will get good matchups. If he takes advantage of them he could be JuJu production mark II.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next