It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: QB Mason Rudolph - 3rd RD pick #79
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:20 am 

TB wrote:
If we get a healthy Vance McDonald this year... shew wee. What a theft. Dude was so impactful when he was out there.

I agree. The problem last year was he was hurt just about every other game if I recall

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:16 am 

The thing about McDonald is that maybe if he were more of a pussy in the blocking game like Jesse James, then maybe he would not get hurt as often! :lol:

Seriously, I was amazed at how great he was as a blocker. It was like night and day when McDonald was in there instead of James. I was not expecting that from him. I thought he would be more along the lines of these receiving TEs that are great catching passes, making big plays down the field and then being meh as a blocker, more of a playing patty cake type of blocker, just get in the way type of blocker. Instead we got a bit of a nasty blocker, who can be dominant at times. That really just blew me away.

Then you realize that he is capable of playing a game like he did in the Jacksonville playoff game where he had 10 catches for 112 yards? A guy who can block and also be that dangerous threat at TE?

If the Steelers do win a Super Bowl this year it may just be because McDonald finally put it all together as a player. He has the potential of being that rare combo TE who can be a dominant blocker and dominant receiver. True, he may miss some time but players that do that double duty, that sell out in both phases, they tend to get hurt. Gronk himself misses a lot of time due in part to how he plays the game.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:17 am 

Obviously wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Scunge wrote:
If Ben does not win the MVP this season with this roster, well there are no excuses.

You didn't even mention the biggest improvement for the offense.

Let me guess...no Haley!

of course

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:24 am 

Scunge wrote:
The thing about McDonald is that maybe if he were more of a pussy in the blocking game like Jesse James, then maybe he would not get hurt as often! :lol:

Seriously, I was amazed at how great he was as a blocker. It was like night and day when McDonald was in there instead of James. I was not expecting that from him. I thought he would be more along the lines of these receiving TEs that are great catching passes, making big plays down the field and then being meh as a blocker, more of a playing patty cake type of blocker, just get in the way type of blocker. Instead we got a bit of a nasty blocker, who can be dominant at times. That really just blew me away.

Then you realize that he is capable of playing a game like he did in the Jacksonville playoff game where he had 10 catches for 112 yards? A guy who can block and also be that dangerous threat at TE?

If the Steelers do win a Super Bowl this year it may just be because McDonald finally put it all together as a player. He has the potential of being that rare combo TE who can be a dominant blocker and dominant receiver. True, he may miss some time but players that do that double duty, that sell out in both phases, they tend to get hurt. Gronk himself misses a lot of time due in part to how he plays the game.

McDonald is built like a tank and runs like a deer. He is a physical presence on the field and adds a dimension that really changes the offense.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:44 am 

Havoc wrote:

McDonald is built like a tank and runs like a deer. He is a physical presence on the field and adds a dimension that really changes the offense.

A tank with a lot of worn parts. his last two years have been an issue but it just might be the way it is.

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player ... onald/6717

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16