It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Steelers Rumored to Exercise Bud Dupree's 5th-Year Contr
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:20 pm 

I don’t disagree with many of your points Lit.

I also tend to think that game was lost before kickoff. Their heads were clearly elsewhere and the players have admitted as much.

This team is mentally weak & sloppy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:32 am 

TB wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
I see the same thing Scunge. I see a defense with LeBeau remnants combined with Tomlin influences. Obviously it has no place in the NFL the way it's set up now, well..., last season anyway. Teams figure out where to target the weaknesses for better success. Having one do-it-all star player [in the past Polamalu, until recently Shazier] in this era of the NFL won't work anymore. There needs to be more of a 'hive' mentality IMHO. Contributions from all over the defense has to be the goal. Tuitt and Heyward up front last season did a lot of the dirty work with the occasional VWill and Hilton contribution. The secondary outside of Haden [when he was playing] and Hilton was woefully below average. LB's were..., well, where were they? I agree for the most part the defense is in some sort of transition. What that is I haven't a clue.

You guys act like our defense was brutally bad last year. It was closer to being good than awful.

Finished 5th in the league overall, broke the franchise record for sacks, was the main reason this team was worth a damn for the first half of the season when our highly paid offense was floundering. They didn’t have the depth to sustain the Shazier injury, who was playing like an All Pro before he went down, but they were pretty damn good last season. Excited to see the growth of Watt, Burns, and to hopefully get back healthier versions of Tuitt, Hargrave, and Dupree. Not to mention Bostic and Burnett, who I like both, and the rooks we’re going to add.

Yea they were real good against Blake Bortles at home in a playoff game coming off a bye week. If you think that defense is a good NFL defense WOW. Mediocre is their ceiling right now. In addition if Dupree costs $9MM a year and people here are ok with paying a scrub (and thats being kind) $9MM and not paying a real contributor at running back $14MM thats lets say interesting??

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:45 am 

Didn’t that RB scoff at $14m? Just saying.

Agree with he rest.

This defense looked good early but much of that IMO was facing the lower tiered QBs they were fortunate to draw.

How they faired vs extremely one dimensional run centric teams tells us all we needed to know about this defense.

I love the sack totals but what does that mater when a team can telegraph they are going to run it down your throat then proceed to do so over and over??

But but but but.

They are what they put on tape when it mattered.

Hopefully several players make a big jump this year and we get lucky in the draft.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6