It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:52 am 

TB wrote:
Skai Moore would’ve been a nice player to pair next to Shazier. We need a guy with closing burst and sideline-to-sideline speed with Shazier’s career over, which Moore doesn’t have. I don’t see him as a successful ST guy either. Don’t think the Steelers will be interested, even though there’s a good amount of his game to like.

It's possible you are correct, but riddle me this: How did Skai Moore have the second most tackles of any SEC player in this draft class? Only Roquan Smith had more tackles. So Moore must have been fast enough to get to a lot of plays.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:22 am 

Harrison Phillips had more tackles than Skai Moore...I'm just saying ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:23 am 

FC wrote:
Harrison Phillips had more tackles than Skai Moore...I'm just saying ;)

“Stats are for losers” -FC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:03 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:10 pm 

Fuckers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:31 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
TB wrote:
Skai Moore would’ve been a nice player to pair next to Shazier. We need a guy with closing burst and sideline-to-sideline speed with Shazier’s career over, which Moore doesn’t have. I don’t see him as a successful ST guy either. Don’t think the Steelers will be interested, even though there’s a good amount of his game to like.

It's possible you are correct, but riddle me this: How did Skai Moore have the second most tackles of any SEC player in this draft class? Only Roquan Smith had more tackles. So Moore must have been fast enough to get to a lot of plays.

He's obviously savvy, good at working through traffic, sidestepping blockers, and is a very smart player with great instincts. I'm not saying he's not a quality player. But Kentrell Brothers led the SEC with 152 tackles in 2015, ran a 4.89 40 at the combine, was a 5th round pick and looks like a special teams only guy. I'm not comparing those guys as players, but you know as well as anyone that you can't just look at cumulative stats in a bubble. SC was a pretty shit offense last year as well: 99th in scoring, 90th in TOP. He had plenty of opportunities.

I wouldn't mind at all seeing the Steelers take a chance on him on day three. If he's able to overcome those athletic limitations? Dude could be a hell of a find.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:36 pm 

If the Steelers draft Phillips that would be awesome. Just hard to get him on the field unless there are injuries. I like Guice, but taking him creates this ripple effect where we are taking each need a round or two later than I’d like. It’s a tough call. It could absolutely save our season, because Bell will play harder and he will probably get hurt for a stretch too.

I think there will be lots of players in the fifth round area who turn out to be studs. You are right that there’s not much difference between pick 30 and 125.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:53 am 

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13573653-74/trib-writer-joe-rutters-seven-round-mock-draft-for-steelers

IMO.....If the Steelers do draft Phillips he will start at NT by game 6 of the season

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:51 pm 

FC wrote:
http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13573653-74/trib-writer-joe-rutters-seven-round-mock-draft-for-steelers

IMO.....If the Steelers do draft Phillips he will start at NT by game 6 of the season

It won’t take that long...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:13 pm 

Loved the podcast guys. So finally got around to watching some games and highlights of Shaquem Griffin. I don't know if he will be around in the third. I believe he doesn't make it out of the 2nd. That's a special kind of talent there and his speed is sick. Even his pass rush at this stage is miles better than most of the edge guys on our team outside of Watt. He's a playmaking machine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next