It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13510
<<spoiler alert>>

Hmmm....

My Bad.... I listed the names you, Perch and FC drafted because I didn't agree with a few of them. I do recall FC stating the Steelers aren't likely to draft guys we may like individually so there's that. Good podcast. Appreciate the time and efforts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13510
Bump...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16284
I think it's actually okay to mention them-- but it is half the fun to not know.

Who don't you like, and what's your current, realistic, no trade down mock?

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1451
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Very entertaining guys. And pretty good mock to boot...I think we’d all be satisfied if it fell that way. Best of all...no Rashaan Evans in the first.

And I have to tell you B2B, that I was shocked...I kept expecting you to start slamming the table for Skai Moore... :shock:
:lol:

Just couldn’t find him at a spot where I thought he was right. Seemed like earlier picks made it less needy.

I'm a little puzzled by Moore's lack of draft interest, as well. He reminds me a little of the those in vogue, hybrid Safety/ILB guys like Deone Bucannon or Su'a Cravens, but more on the ILB side. I know his neck fusion Sx will scare off many teams and depending on what the film shows, could be rightfully so, but I hadn't heard about this from Walter's (consider source, of course)...maybe there's something there, but I haven't seen anything to date...hmmm

Character Concerns
•South Carolina linebacker Skai Moore


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16284
DP39 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Very entertaining guys. And pretty good mock to boot...I think we’d all be satisfied if it fell that way. Best of all...no Rashaan Evans in the first.

And I have to tell you B2B, that I was shocked...I kept expecting you to start slamming the table for Skai Moore... :shock:
:lol:

Just couldn’t find him at a spot where I thought he was right. Seemed like earlier picks made it less needy.

I'm a little puzzled by Moore's lack of draft interest, as well. He reminds me a little of the those in vogue, hybrid Safety/ILB guys like Deone Bucannon or Su'a Cravens, but more on the ILB side. I know his neck fusion Sx will scare off many teams and depending on what the film shows, could be rightfully so, but I hadn't heard about this from Walter's (consider source, of course)...maybe there's something there, but I haven't seen anything to date...hmmm

Character Concerns
•South Carolina linebacker Skai Moore

I did notice Skai Moore moved up on Rang's board--from late 7th/FA all the way to solid 5th rounder-- since the combine. My guess is he heard some good things about medicals.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16284
I would just like to point out that Skai Moore was 1st team SEC in the coaches' poll:

Roquan Smith, Georgia
Devin White, LSU
Skai Moore, South Carolina

Still waiting for the draft love.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 3980
Skai Moore would’ve been a nice player to pair next to Shazier. We need a guy with closing burst and sideline-to-sideline speed with Shazier’s career over, which Moore doesn’t have. I don’t see him as a successful ST guy either. Don’t think the Steelers will be interested, even though there’s a good amount of his game to like.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6878
Slow, small, system guy. Not an NFL talent, IMO.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4240
Enjoyed the war room, guys. Great work

(I posted in the wrong pod thread yesterday). :D :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13510
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I think it's actually okay to mention them-- but it is half the fun to not know.

Who don't you like, and what's your current, realistic, no trade down mock?

Realistically? I don't pretend to know who they will draft B2B all I know is they better get some solid depth at several positions. I liked the first and second round picks you guys made. After that? Meh....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16284
TB wrote:
Skai Moore would’ve been a nice player to pair next to Shazier. We need a guy with closing burst and sideline-to-sideline speed with Shazier’s career over, which Moore doesn’t have. I don’t see him as a successful ST guy either. Don’t think the Steelers will be interested, even though there’s a good amount of his game to like.

It's possible you are correct, but riddle me this: How did Skai Moore have the second most tackles of any SEC player in this draft class? Only Roquan Smith had more tackles. So Moore must have been fast enough to get to a lot of plays.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:10 am
Posts: 1245
Harrison Phillips had more tackles than Skai Moore...I'm just saying ;)

_________________
Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 am
Posts: 3030
FC wrote:
Harrison Phillips had more tackles than Skai Moore...I'm just saying ;)


“Stats are for losers” -FC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16284
:lol:

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:10 am
Posts: 1245
Fuckers

_________________
Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 3980
bradshaw2ben wrote:
TB wrote:
Skai Moore would’ve been a nice player to pair next to Shazier. We need a guy with closing burst and sideline-to-sideline speed with Shazier’s career over, which Moore doesn’t have. I don’t see him as a successful ST guy either. Don’t think the Steelers will be interested, even though there’s a good amount of his game to like.

It's possible you are correct, but riddle me this: How did Skai Moore have the second most tackles of any SEC player in this draft class? Only Roquan Smith had more tackles. So Moore must have been fast enough to get to a lot of plays.


He's obviously savvy, good at working through traffic, sidestepping blockers, and is a very smart player with great instincts. I'm not saying he's not a quality player. But Kentrell Brothers led the SEC with 152 tackles in 2015, ran a 4.89 40 at the combine, was a 5th round pick and looks like a special teams only guy. I'm not comparing those guys as players, but you know as well as anyone that you can't just look at cumulative stats in a bubble. SC was a pretty shit offense last year as well: 99th in scoring, 90th in TOP. He had plenty of opportunities.

I wouldn't mind at all seeing the Steelers take a chance on him on day three. If he's able to overcome those athletic limitations? Dude could be a hell of a find.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:41 pm
Posts: 472
If the Steelers draft Phillips that would be awesome. Just hard to get him on the field unless there are injuries. I like Guice, but taking him creates this ripple effect where we are taking each need a round or two later than I’d like. It’s a tough call. It could absolutely save our season, because Bell will play harder and he will probably get hurt for a stretch too.

I think there will be lots of players in the fifth round area who turn out to be studs. You are right that there’s not much difference between pick 30 and 125.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:10 am
Posts: 1245
http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13573653-74/trib-writer-joe-rutters-seven-round-mock-draft-for-steelers

IMO.....If the Steelers do draft Phillips he will start at NT by game 6 of the season

_________________
Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6878
FC wrote:
http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13573653-74/trib-writer-joe-rutters-seven-round-mock-draft-for-steelers

IMO.....If the Steelers do draft Phillips he will start at NT by game 6 of the season

It won’t take that long...

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:40 am
Posts: 2216
Loved the podcast guys. So finally got around to watching some games and highlights of Shaquem Griffin. I don't know if he will be around in the third. I believe he doesn't make it out of the 2nd. That's a special kind of talent there and his speed is sick. Even his pass rush at this stage is miles better than most of the edge guys on our team outside of Watt. He's a playmaking machine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SFPodcast Podcast: Predraft Extravaganza Part 2: War Roo
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16284
FC wrote:
http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13573653-74/trib-writer-joe-rutters-seven-round-mock-draft-for-steelers

IMO.....If the Steelers do draft Phillips he will start at NT by game 6 of the season

He took three of our picks, I notice.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd take Jalen Samuels to be our backup RB and package receiver, then 2019 feature back over Nyheim Hines, all day. I think Samuels is a better runner.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BarryFoster, Google [Bot], ironzabo, Steelergenie, Texas Steel, Y-Town Steel and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group