It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Regular season schedule to be released Thursday
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:54 pm 

Chiefs @ Steelers -- 1:00 PM -- Week 1

EDIT: Maybe. Not sure this source is accurate. But the Falcons game Week 6 should be right.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:42 pm 

Steel 40 wrote:
All I want is the same damn thing I wanted last year. New England at home on SNF!!! Is that really too much to ask.
Then I want for the "second" time in my lifetime for Ben, Bell and Brown to play a FULL SIXTY MINUTES against said Pats. No injuries before or during the game!
Then I want the game to be scheduled before November.
Finally, I want the quarterback sneak to be reinstalled into the game plan similar to the play that's found on the OTHER 31 TEAMS IN THE NFL.

That's it. Thanks for listening.

I agree with just about everything, except for the QB sneak rant.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:47 pm 

Ice wrote:
Steel 40 wrote:
All I want is the same damn thing I wanted last year. New England at home on SNF!!! Is that really too much to ask.
Then I want for the "second" time in my lifetime for Ben, Bell and Brown to play a FULL SIXTY MINUTES against said Pats. No injuries before or during the game!
Then I want the game to be scheduled before November.
Finally, I want the quarterback sneak to be reinstalled into the game plan similar to the play that's found on the OTHER 31 TEAMS IN THE NFL.

That's it. Thanks for listening.

I agree with just about everything, except for the QB sneak rant.

Considering the new lowering of the head rule, those other 31 teams are more likely to follow the lead of that ONE other team...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:49 pm 

The QB sneak “rant”...

Cuz it’s dumb to extend a drive utilizing the highest % play possible on 4th and a yard or less.

Wish I had a dime for every QB that has left a game after getting injured trying to execute said play.

I’d have like, a dime.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:07 am 

Major changes coming this year (sarcasm):
Quote:
Brian McCarthy
‏Verified account @NFLprguy

Oh yeah, baby. It’s NFL Schedule Release day/night, 8p ET. Among the fan-friendly wrinkles: Earlier start times for primetime – MNF will start at 8:15p ET (was 8:30 last season); SNF at 8:20p ET (8:30); TNF at 8:20pm ET (8:25p). Remember when MNF started after 9:05p ET?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:21 am 

955876 wrote:
The QB sneak “rant”...

Cuz it’s dumb to extend a drive utilizing the highest % play possible on 4th and a yard or less.

Wish I had a dime for every QB that has left a game after getting injured trying to execute said play.

I’d have like, a dime.

It just seems like there's more important issues affecting the team that one could channel their negative energy into.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:41 am 

Ice wrote:
955876 wrote:
The QB sneak “rant”...

I’d have like, a dime.

It just seems like there's more important issues affecting the team that one could channel their negative energy into.

One could also say it’s a lot of what could be considered “little things” that have cumulated and as a group have held this team back.

Death by a thousand cuts.

One 4th and short not picked-up in a game. No biggie. More important things to worry about.

Well, failing to pick up but one first down can be the difference between the 1 or the 2 seed.

Failing to pick-up one first down could be the difference between facing the Titans or the Jags.

One could go on to argue that the “little things” or an overal lack of attention to detail is one of Tomlin’s greatest faults.

Lastly, how important is getting the big things right if the little things are burying you?

It all matters.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:10 pm 

955876 wrote:
Ice wrote:
955876 wrote:
The QB sneak “rant”...

I’d have like, a dime.

One could also say it’s a lot of what could be considered “little things” that have cumulated and as a group have held this team back.

One 4th and short not picked-up in a game. No biggie. More important things to worry about.

Well, failing to pick up but one first down can be the difference between the 1 or the 2 seed.

Failing to pick-up one first down could be the difference between facing the Titans or the Jags.

One could go on to argue that the “little things” or an overal lack of attention to detail is one of Tomlin’s greatest faults.

Lastly, how important is getting the big things right if the little things are burying you?

It all matters.

The key here is that it was TWO 4th and shorts. Having failed miserably on the first one, you block a punt, then are presented with a second one. You AGAIN fail to attempt the highest % play in a NFL playbook, THEN have the nerve to tell the fans that the play is actually there and you don't mind using it - AFTER NOT USING IT in 3 years.

Yes, this is a symptom of a bigger problem in Tomlin's approach, and more importantly, ability to function as a NFL head coach. One/Two plays cost us a chance to reach the title game (let alone the very stupid onside attempt at the end of the game). PATHETIC!!!

The only time I will trust or support Tomlin again is if he's raising the Lombardi laughing in my face. Until then, he's just an arrogant underachieving ASSHOLE!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:31 pm 

955876 wrote:
Ice wrote:
955876 wrote:
The QB sneak “rant”...

I’d have like, a dime.

It all matters.

The Jags lighting up the D, sans Shazier, for 45 points, to me, is a little more concerning. And by a little, I mean WAAAAAAY more concerning.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:36 pm 

955876 wrote:

One of many differences between Belicheat and Tomlin.

Tomlin doesn't think about those things, and doesn't drill them into perfection....cue the "practicing interception returns" crowd, which is pretty much the lone example in an 11-yr HC career that Tomlin is anything other than a potted plant.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next