It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Regular season schedule to be released Thursday
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:54 pm 

Chiefs @ Steelers -- 1:00 PM -- Week 1

EDIT: Maybe. Not sure this source is accurate. But the Falcons game Week 6 should be right.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:42 pm 

Steel 40 wrote:
All I want is the same damn thing I wanted last year. New England at home on SNF!!! Is that really too much to ask.
Then I want for the "second" time in my lifetime for Ben, Bell and Brown to play a FULL SIXTY MINUTES against said Pats. No injuries before or during the game!
Then I want the game to be scheduled before November.
Finally, I want the quarterback sneak to be reinstalled into the game plan similar to the play that's found on the OTHER 31 TEAMS IN THE NFL.

That's it. Thanks for listening.

I agree with just about everything, except for the QB sneak rant.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:47 pm 

Ice wrote:
Steel 40 wrote:
All I want is the same damn thing I wanted last year. New England at home on SNF!!! Is that really too much to ask.
Then I want for the "second" time in my lifetime for Ben, Bell and Brown to play a FULL SIXTY MINUTES against said Pats. No injuries before or during the game!
Then I want the game to be scheduled before November.
Finally, I want the quarterback sneak to be reinstalled into the game plan similar to the play that's found on the OTHER 31 TEAMS IN THE NFL.

That's it. Thanks for listening.

I agree with just about everything, except for the QB sneak rant.

Considering the new lowering of the head rule, those other 31 teams are more likely to follow the lead of that ONE other team...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:49 pm 

The QB sneak “rant”...

Cuz it’s dumb to extend a drive utilizing the highest % play possible on 4th and a yard or less.

Wish I had a dime for every QB that has left a game after getting injured trying to execute said play.

I’d have like, a dime.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:07 am 

Major changes coming this year (sarcasm):
Quote:
Brian McCarthy
‏Verified account @NFLprguy

Oh yeah, baby. It’s NFL Schedule Release day/night, 8p ET. Among the fan-friendly wrinkles: Earlier start times for primetime – MNF will start at 8:15p ET (was 8:30 last season); SNF at 8:20p ET (8:30); TNF at 8:20pm ET (8:25p). Remember when MNF started after 9:05p ET?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:21 am 

955876 wrote:
The QB sneak “rant”...

Cuz it’s dumb to extend a drive utilizing the highest % play possible on 4th and a yard or less.

Wish I had a dime for every QB that has left a game after getting injured trying to execute said play.

I’d have like, a dime.

It just seems like there's more important issues affecting the team that one could channel their negative energy into.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:41 am 

Ice wrote:
955876 wrote:
The QB sneak “rant”...

I’d have like, a dime.

It just seems like there's more important issues affecting the team that one could channel their negative energy into.

One could also say it’s a lot of what could be considered “little things” that have cumulated and as a group have held this team back.

Death by a thousand cuts.

One 4th and short not picked-up in a game. No biggie. More important things to worry about.

Well, failing to pick up but one first down can be the difference between the 1 or the 2 seed.

Failing to pick-up one first down could be the difference between facing the Titans or the Jags.

One could go on to argue that the “little things” or an overal lack of attention to detail is one of Tomlin’s greatest faults.

Lastly, how important is getting the big things right if the little things are burying you?

It all matters.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:10 pm 

955876 wrote:
Ice wrote:
955876 wrote:
The QB sneak “rant”...

I’d have like, a dime.

One could also say it’s a lot of what could be considered “little things” that have cumulated and as a group have held this team back.

One 4th and short not picked-up in a game. No biggie. More important things to worry about.

Well, failing to pick up but one first down can be the difference between the 1 or the 2 seed.

Failing to pick-up one first down could be the difference between facing the Titans or the Jags.

One could go on to argue that the “little things” or an overal lack of attention to detail is one of Tomlin’s greatest faults.

Lastly, how important is getting the big things right if the little things are burying you?

It all matters.

The key here is that it was TWO 4th and shorts. Having failed miserably on the first one, you block a punt, then are presented with a second one. You AGAIN fail to attempt the highest % play in a NFL playbook, THEN have the nerve to tell the fans that the play is actually there and you don't mind using it - AFTER NOT USING IT in 3 years.

Yes, this is a symptom of a bigger problem in Tomlin's approach, and more importantly, ability to function as a NFL head coach. One/Two plays cost us a chance to reach the title game (let alone the very stupid onside attempt at the end of the game). PATHETIC!!!

The only time I will trust or support Tomlin again is if he's raising the Lombardi laughing in my face. Until then, he's just an arrogant underachieving ASSHOLE!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:31 pm 

955876 wrote:
Ice wrote:
955876 wrote:
The QB sneak “rant”...

I’d have like, a dime.

It all matters.

The Jags lighting up the D, sans Shazier, for 45 points, to me, is a little more concerning. And by a little, I mean WAAAAAAY more concerning.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:36 pm 

955876 wrote:

One of many differences between Belicheat and Tomlin.

Tomlin doesn't think about those things, and doesn't drill them into perfection....cue the "practicing interception returns" crowd, which is pretty much the lone example in an 11-yr HC career that Tomlin is anything other than a potted plant.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:50 pm 

Quote:
The Jags lighting up the D, sans Shazier, for 45 points, to me, is a little more concerning. And by a little, I mean WAAAAAAY more concerning.

Well ya, that is concerning. Never said it wasn’t.

We quite possibly don’t face the Jags in the divisional round though if we can convert a 4th and 1.

Are you going to feel better if the D looks great in a 13-10 loss that could have been won had we not run a toss sweep on 4th & inches?

Likely not.

Just because one issue can be considered a “bigger issue” doesn’t mean the other isn’t an issue or should be dismisssd.

And here is another (large) point you are missing.

The defense come playoff time is what it is. Now one could argue the scheme employed the year prior in the AFCCG was asinine but at the end of the day there is only so much you can do schematically to hide a unit with warts.

Playcalling on the other hand is absolutely within your control.

So while the defense getting gashed is a bigger problem, it is also a problem that will need new personnel to fix. That can’t be done in game.

Dumb playcallingn that sub-optimizes your chances of success is correctable but neglected.

A “little thing” with big ramifications.

Are you any less dead if it takes you a day to bleed out vs a couple minutes?

Fixing the little things matters too and is actually he “low hanging fruit”. Arguing the degree of the various problem is pointless minutiae

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:14 pm 

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/4/19/1725 ... mors-leaks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:03 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:

Well ya, that is concerning. Never said it wasn’t.

We quite possibly don’t face the Jags in the divisional round though if we can convert a 4th and 1.

Are you going to feel better if the D looks great in a 13-10 loss that could have been won had we not run a toss sweep on 4th & inches?

Likely not.

Just because one issue can be considered a “bigger issue” doesn’t mean the other isn’t an issue or should be dismisssd.

And here is another (large) point you are missing.

The defense come playoff time is what it is. Now one could argue the scheme employed the year prior in the AFCCG was asinine but at the end of the day there is only so much you can do schematically to hide a unit with warts.

Playcalling on the other hand is absolutely within your control.

So while the defense getting gashed is a bigger problem, it is also a problem that will need new personnel to fix. That can’t be done in game.

Dumb playcallingn that sub-optimizes your chances of success is correctable but neglected.

A “little thing” with big ramifications.

Are you any less dead if it takes you a day to bleed out vs a couple minutes?

Fixing the little things matters too and is actually he “low hanging fruit”. Arguing the degree of the various problem is pointless minutiae

Listen, this might sound arrogant, but if I was standing next to Tomlin in that game against the Jags, and had a voice he'd listen to, this is what would have happened;

If Todd and Ben said they wanted to run a toss sweep on the 1st 4th and inches I would have said the following; "I don't know what bullshit con game you two are trying to run on the fans but Ben you need to stick your big head up Pouncey's ass and keep this drive alive." If they overruled me and instead failed on their idiotic toss sweep call to Bell, then on the SECOND 4th down situation after the blocked punt, I would have begged Tomlin to let Landry Jones go in and fall forward two inches so we can potentially tie the game late and send that overachieving loser Blake Bortles into a panic.[i][/i]

On the onside kick attempt, I would have screamed at Tomlin that that was the biggest mistake he's ever made in his career. After losing the game and getting fired the next day, I could have at least gotten some sleep these past 3 months.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:54 pm 

RooneyTunes wrote:
https://www.sbnation.com/2018/4/19/17256330/nfl-schedule-2018-rumors-leaks

Thanks! I was wondering when this would come up. So we are:

@ Tampa Week 3 (MNF on 9/24)
vs. New England Week 15 (12/16, 4:15 kick)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:02 pm 

JFC, somebody in the scheduling office hates the Giants:

Quote:
New York Giants

Week 1: vs. Jaguars

Week 2: at Cowboys on Sunday Night Football

Week 3: at Texans

Week 4: vs. Saints

Week 5: at Panthers

Week 6: vs. Eagles on Thursday Night Football

Week 7: at Falcons on Monday Night Football

Week 8: vs. Washington

Week 9: BYE

Week 10: at 49ers on Monday Night Football

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:22 pm 

Week 1 Sep 9 @ Browns W
Week 2 Sep 16 Chiefs W
Week 3 Sep 24 @Bucs * W
Week 4 Sep 30 Ravens W
Week 5 Oct 7 Falcons W
Week 6 Oct 14 @Bengals W
Week 7 Bye
Week 8 Oct 28 Browns W
Week 9 Nov 4 @Ravens W
Week 10 Nov 8 Panthers W
Week 11 Nov 18 @Jags L
Week 12 Nov 25 @Broncos L
Week 13 Dec 2 Chargers W
Week 14 Dec 9 @Raiders L
Week 15 Dec 16 Patriots L
Week 16 Dec 23 @Saints L
Week 17 Dec 30 Bengals W

11-5 AFC North Champs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:24 pm 

Kissing Sunday Ticket and their increased prices GoodBye!

Steelers have 5 Prime Time Games this season anyway. Looks like I'm etherneting my smart TV to the router this season. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:06 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Week 1 Sep 9 @ Browns W
Week 2 Sep 16 Chiefs W
Week 3 Sep 24 @Bucs * W
Week 4 Sep 30 Ravens W
Week 5 Oct 7 Falcons W
Week 6 Oct 14 @Bengals W
Week 7 Bye
Week 8 Oct 28 Browns W
Week 9 Nov 4 @Ravens W
Week 10 Nov 8 Panthers W
Week 11 Nov 18 @Jags L
Week 13 Dec 2 Chargers W
Week 14 Dec 9 @Raiders L
Week 16 Dec 23 @Saints L
Week 17 Dec 30 Bengals W

11-5 AFC North Champs

So we’re gonna limp into the playoffs having lost 5 of 7 yet still win the division?

9-0 and finish 11-5....this team is doomed :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:14 pm 

Not a horrible schedule...except where it counts. We get the Pats after going out west?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:14 pm 

Pabst wrote:
JFC, somebody in the scheduling office hates the Giants:

Quote:
New York Giants

Week 1: vs. Jaguars

Week 2: at Cowboys on Sunday Night Football

Week 3: at Texans

Week 4: vs. Saints

Week 5: at Panthers

Week 6: vs. Eagles on Thursday Night Football

Week 7: at Falcons on Monday Night Football

Week 8: vs. Washington

Week 9: BYE

Week 10: at 49ers on Monday Night Football

Good! All these annoying fans that want Barkley are silly. Gotta try to replace Eli.

My friends think he has 2-3 good years left. He’s out of his mind....while they’re at it, please go ahead and sign that cancer Dez to play with Odell. Please please please!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:15 pm 

Edit double post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:29 pm 

Predicting W/L for this team is irrelevant.

Especially considering a 13-3 season means jack squat if a one dimensional team can come into your home and smack you around in the divisional round.

Schedule is also a bit irrelevant given our history of shitting the bed against bottom feeders.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:36 pm 

Quixotic wrote:
Ice wrote:
SP wrote:
Steelers vs Bengals week 5 after Burfict comes back.

He's a reasonable, level-headed guy. I'm sure he'll have learned whatever lesson it is they were trying to teach him this time by then.

Of course. Of course. But maybe we can clinch the division by then and can “rest” Ben, Bell, Brown, DeCastro, and anyone else he might want to hurt.

JuJu is first on his hit list right now I am pretty sure.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:07 pm 

Hinestuff wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Week 1 Sep 9 @ Browns W
Week 2 Sep 16 Chiefs W
Week 3 Sep 24 @Bucs * W
Week 4 Sep 30 Ravens W
Week 5 Oct 7 Falcons W
Week 6 Oct 14 @Bengals W
Week 7 Bye
Week 8 Oct 28 Browns W
Week 9 Nov 4 @Ravens W
Week 10 Nov 8 Panthers W
Week 11 Nov 18 @Jags L
Week 13 Dec 2 Chargers W
Week 14 Dec 9 @Raiders L
Week 16 Dec 23 @Saints L
Week 17 Dec 30 Bengals W

11-5 AFC North Champs

So we’re gonna limp into the playoffs having lost 5 of 7 yet still win the division?

9-0 and finish 11-5....this team is doomed :twisted:

Because Tomlin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:07 pm 

955876 wrote:
Predicting W/L for this team is irrelevant.

Especially considering a 13-3 season means jack squat if a one dimensional team can come into your home and smack you around in the divisional round.

Schedule is also a bit irrelevant given our history of shitting the bed against bottom feeders.

Because Tomlin