It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Harrison Retires
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:53 pm 

Harrison retired and R Lee Ermey expired over the weekend.

The world has a lot less testosterone than it did on Friday.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:09 pm 

JackLambert58 wrote:
One of my all-time favorite Steelers. My favorite Steeler during the Tomlin era. Thank you for everything, James. Especially Super Bowl XLIII.

https://youtu.be/RqnQwKAI4OE

Greatest play in NFL history.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:42 pm 

Not the first and last to make a mistake at the end of the career! All of the these players embrace the famous Dylan Thomas poem when it comes time.

I suspect this thread would be a bit different had we perhaps met the Pats in the playoffs, and Harrison was thought to have provided too much intel.

If a loss to the Pats happened again with Harrison in the mix, this thread would definitely have a different tone.

He will come around and retire as a Steeler, most likely in Canton on 2 games alone in my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:59 am 

BarryFoster wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Tomlin doesn't suck. He just can't beat Belichick. As I said when the Pats signed James, I trust BB's judgment far more than Tomlin's. BB saw he still had something in the tank. Tomlin preferred to believe Moats and Chickillo had more to give. That says all I need to know.

Thanks for everything, James!

He can’t beat Jax either

He also can't beat teams that have Mike Glennon playing QB.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:06 am 

W&M_Steeler wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Tomlin doesn't suck. He just can't beat Belichick. As I said when the Pats signed James, I trust BB's judgment far more than Tomlin's. BB saw he still had something in the tank. Tomlin preferred to believe Moats and Chickillo had more to give. That says all I need to know.

Thanks for everything, James!

He can’t beat Jax either

He also can't beat teams that have Mike Glennon playing QB.

Ouch! :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:34 am 

Saw the title and thought this could get ugly.

Very happy to see the haters showing respect (so far).

Steelers have had some of the greatest OLB's (3-4 scheme) in the history of the NFL. My top 3 Kevin Greene, Greg Lloydd, and James "the king" Harrison.

Greene was the most athletic, Lloyd the nastiest, and James a combination of both.

The king gave this team some great contributions, put it on the line every week, worked harder than anyone in season and off, and was one of the best defensive players to ever wear BnG. Prideful guy and this quality may have been the biggest reason for his success. Small colledge guy, undrafted, cut several times yet maybe it was pride that kept him believeing and grinding until he made himself into a legendary player.

James gonna miss you, and thanks for all the "FUCK YEA"S" after a TFL, a strip sack, bull rushing a massive LT into the QB, bulldogging a Browns fan ( :lol: ) or knocking a receiver out, with a clean hit in the flats.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:26 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
I don't particularly care about him going to the Pats. Dude needed a job, they offered him a job. Simple as that, as far as I'm concerned.

I have more an issue with the juvenile way he handled not playing, than anything else.

That doesn't mean I hate him or don't appreciate what he's done for us. One of my all time favorite players, for sure. Just wish it ended a little more cleanly. Frankly, I wish he would have just stayed retired the first time so the ugliness would have never happened in the first place.

But oh well. The 100 yard INT return will continue to remain my favorite play in Steelers history.

^^^ THIS^^^

This is where I am as well. Both sides handled last season badly!!

Once the season started to progress it seems as though our scheme evolved to where LBs needed to be able to go side to side and drop into coverage as much if not more than going forward to rush the passer. That didn't fit with his skill set any more and it sounds like he got crabby and started acting like a bit of a Jagoff....Tomlin and the staff didn't like that attitude and the whole thing turned into a pissing match. While it didn’t need to get that far, it sounded like a number of players felt James was somewhat of a distraction.

I believe that the Steelers planned on bringing him back when they released him (though I'm not sure how clear they communicated it to him) and he gave a big old FU by going to the Pats. James got to go to another Super Bowl but he wasn't part of the Pats core so he was simply a chess piece to be used as needed.

I agree that BB is a better coach than Tomlin (though we’ll never really know how much better without knowing how much they “rule bending” gave him an advantage), but that still doesn’t mean that Tomlin isn’t one of the top few in the league right now.

That said I find it kind of interesting that BB also let some sort of pissing match impact his giving the Pats the best chance to win…..and he did it in the Super Bowl. Amendola recently said “Nobody really got an explanation for it. He's a brother of ours. He was a brother of ours that year. And I hate to see a guy who worked so hard throughout the season not get a chance to play in the biggest game of the year and really get no explanation for it."

While I wish the Steelers & Debo had handled things differently, even the great BB is prone to handling a personnel situation badly.

Seeing him in a Pats jersey on his ESPN stats page is just wrong so even after the way things I’d be OK if they all made up and he retired as a Steeler - but I just don’t see it happening.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:23 pm 

Stillerz Bar wrote:
^^^ THIS^^^

This is where I am as well. Both sides handled last season badly!!

Once the season started to progress it seems as though our scheme evolved to where LBs needed to be able to go side to side and drop into coverage as much if not more than going forward to rush the passer. That didn't fit with his skill set any more and it sounds like he got crabby and started acting like a bit of a Jagoff....Tomlin and the staff didn't like that attitude and the whole thing turned into a pissing match. While it didn’t need to get that far, it sounded like a number of players felt James was somewhat of a distraction.

I believe that the Steelers planned on bringing him back when they released him (though I'm not sure how clear they communicated it to him) and he gave a big old FU by going to the Pats. James got to go to another Super Bowl but he wasn't part of the Pats core so he was simply a chess piece to be used as needed.

I agree that BB is a better coach than Tomlin (though we’ll never really know how much better without knowing how much they “rule bending” gave him an advantage), but that still doesn’t mean that Tomlin isn’t one of the top few in the league right now.

That said I find it kind of interesting that BB also let some sort of pissing match impact his giving the Pats the best chance to win…..and he did it in the Super Bowl. Amendola recently said “Nobody really got an explanation for it. He's a brother of ours. He was a brother of ours that year. And I hate to see a guy who worked so hard throughout the season not get a chance to play in the biggest game of the year and really get no explanation for it."

While I wish the Steelers & Debo had handled things differently, even the great BB is prone to handling a personnel situation badly.

Seeing him in a Pats jersey on his ESPN stats page is just wrong so even after the way things I’d be OK if they all made up and he retired as a Steeler - but I just don’t see it happening.[/quote]

Pride (on both sides) goeth before the fall

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:34 pm 

ZZZZZZ.zzzzzzz.z.z.z.z.. . Snort. . ..ZZZZZZZZZZ.ZZZ.zzzzzzz.z.z.z.z

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:50 pm 

Is JH a Hall of Famer?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next