It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The 2018 B2B Directional State Battling Basilisks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:39 am 

Here it is! My Undervalued & Small School NFL Draft Prospects for 2018, the B2B Directional State Battling Basilisks. Featuring 6000+ words on lesser-known, undervalued, and small school players, along with highlight reels for each.

I did roughly twice as many writeups/prospects this year... hope you guys like it.

http://steelerfurypodcast.com/b2b-directional-state-2018-undervalued-overlooked-nfl-prospects/

Post subject: Re: The 2018 B2B Directional State Battling Basilisks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:24 am 

thanks for the list.

I thought Poling ( Ohio) played SS. He did in the games I watched.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:27 am 

jebrick wrote:
thanks for the list.

I thought Poling ( Ohio) played SS. He did in the games I watched.

He played kind of that hybrid SS/LB role and was-- I think-- their dime backer. He's an interesting player. He doesn't look that intimidating but he fills up the scoresheet for them. I think players who have a big share of their teams' tackles-TFLs-Sacks-INTs-Forced Fumbles-passes defensed... they tend to have success at the next level compared to guys who were just part of a defense.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:28 am 

Excellent list B2B. Well done. All this confirmed to me is that secondary is very deep this draft and explains why the safety/cornerback FA was nearly non-existent this year. I have Dubuque CB Joseph in my second mock version in the draft and college forum. RB is also very deep. Bell fucked up IMHO picking a bad [for himself] year to play too greedy. Bell may be S.O.L. I also like several DLinemen you've got in this list. I believe the Steelers are prepared to load up on DLine, ILB, secondary, RB and WR depth... All depth needs. Thank you sir for your time and efforts.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:30 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Excellent list B2B. Well done. All this confirmed to me is that secondary is very deep this draft and explains why the safety/cornerback FA was nearly non-existent this year. I have Joseph in my second mock version in the draft and college forum. RB is also very deep. Bell fucked up IMHO picking a bad [for himself] year to play too greedy. Bell may be S.O.L. I also like several DLinemen you've got in this list. I believe the Steelers are prepared to load up on DLine, ILB, secondary, RB and WR depth... All depth needs. Thank you sir for your time and efforts.

I think draft is deep as hell for EDGE, RB, IOL, and CB. Still maintain that ILB is skinny. FS is like 5 guys at best. Not a good year to have FS and ILB as your top two needs.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:34 am 

I should have wrote it as DLine/Edge is deep this season. I just assumed DLine meant both.... my bad.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:48 pm 

Are you all looking at this on your PCs? The webpage is blowing up on iPhone Safari and iOS Chrome. Anyone else have this problem?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:15 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Are you all looking at this on your PCs? The webpage is blowing up on iPhone Safari and iOS Chrome. Anyone else have this problem?

Same here. Doesn’t load on iPhone or iPad.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:49 pm 

SP wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:

Ditto.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:20 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
SP wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:

Ditto.

well, crap. I'll see what I can do.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:08 pm 

It is working now on iOS Chrome and Safari. Maybe it was one of those ads that was trying to jump out of the phone and demonstrate their product on the living room floor that was ahead of its time for the code.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:13 pm 

I changed it to a separate page for each section-- a little less to load. Just click the "NEXT PAGE" link at the bottom of each page.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:49 pm 

I would like us to get Dallas from South Dakota. His highlight reel shows him getting a ball across the goal line, which in itself would be an upgrade, additionally he looks pretty damn good, especially with the basketball background.

Griffin seems like he won’t be around by the second day of the draft. His highlight reel was tough to watch. Not familiar with him, or his position, and couldn’t pick him up before the highlight occurred. His number was tough to see too...had to watch the play and then was only able to appreciate it on replay. His stump seems to be advantageous on some plays....easy to get significant pounds per square inch on the pigskin when tackling or breaking the basket in the fumble recovery shown in the highlight. Would be very happy if the Steelers picked these two.

Thanks for the post, will be comparing your notes to the draft board.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:51 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
I would like us to get Dallas from South Dakota. His highlight reel shows him getting a ball across the goal line, which in itself would be an upgrade, additionally he looks pretty damn good, especially with the basketball background.

Griffin seems like he won’t be around by the second day of the draft. His highlight reel was tough to watch. Not familiar with him, or his position, and couldn’t pick him up before the highlight occurred. His number was tough to see too...had to watch the play and then was only able to appreciate it on replay. His stump seems to be advantageous on some plays....easy to get significant pounds per square inch on the pigskin when tackling or breaking the basket in the fumble recovery shown in the highlight. Would be very happy if the Steelers picked these two.

He basically plays an OLB in a 4-3. Often pass rushes or run blitzes. Switches sides. #18, dreadlocks. He also occasionally drops into coverage, especially vs spread offenses. Actually, just look to see who made the tackle, because it was most likely him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:53 pm 

Yeah I think it was the switching sides...plus every highlight had a different uniform and field it seemed. Of course the iPhone doesn’t help for picking up on numbers, mascots and logos. Usually I am able to pick players by posture alone.

I did quickly notice the trend of him making every single play. I can’t help but see a bargain Shazier replacement with 4.38 speed even though he is OLB. Sounds like learning new positions is no biggy for him.

He knows how to wrap in tackles.

His brother has the same speed...he is doing alright for Seattle!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:37 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:

Griffin will go higher than expected. It's great publicity for a team and a great story, plus he's a helluva football player.