It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Justin Hunter
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:19 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
955876 wrote:
Stosh wins best post in the thread...

good lord.....it's like 1995 Shania Twain's hotter sister

Best comment in this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:28 am 

Stosh-67 wrote:
AB
JuJu
MB
DHB
Hunter
Rogers?

There is a huge gap at #4 WR.
Not only are we in win mode now, the team always needs to plan ahead as well. So 2019 that list looks like.

AB
JuJu.

Steelers need to not only draft a WR, but probably need to add a good #4 WR after or before the cut downs.
We need a #4 WR that can catch 30-40 balls and capable of coming in filling in for an injury to #1-#3 guys.
That #4 guy can be a #3 or even a #2 very quickly.
Bites tongue hard!

Justin Hunter and DHB are not that guy.
I think Hunter is a very limited route runner. Seems like when he gets on the field, he has one route, lined up right on a straight go route. And Ben is chucking it to him before they break the huddle.
14 catches in the last two years, 36 in last 3 years. A career catch percentage of 47%
One saving attribute he has is the TD's. 5 of his 14 catches last 2 years went for TD's.
At 6'-4" and a generous 196 pounds, he is a 4th WR at best, but should head to camp in a battle for 5th/6th WR.
and a 5th/6th WR should play specials. Do not think he does?

DHB is a another guy that I do not see stepping up to be that 30-40 catch #4 WR.
He has 8 catches in the last 2 years. 2 of those 8 went for TD's
32 catches in 4 years playing for his older brother in the Burgh.

Rogers may or may not be back in the mix come camp.
Do not know how his recovery is going from the knee surgery.
He was not slot speedy to start with.
And he is still a Free Agent.
I could see the PS signing him to a vet min. 1 year contract in a battle for 5th/6th WR.

Again, AB, JuJu or MB miss a week and its Hunter or DHB.

Hunter, DHB or Rogers as the #4 is not good.

I think the Steelers draft a WR in round 3 or 5.
Would not be suprised if they draft one in round 2.

How about remaining free agenst out there.

How about a guy like Eric Decker.
He is 31.
6'-3"
54 for 563 and 1 TD last year in only 8 starts.
2015 he had 80-1,027 with 12 TD's
Double digit TD's in 3 of his past 6 seasons.

His wife is a bonus and will instanly become the favorite Jessie James in town.

Anybody else still out ther?
Jerremy Maclin. 40+ catches everyone of his 8 seasons. He will be 30 soon.
Brandon Coleman. 6'-6". still only 25. 23-364-3 last year with N.O.
Dontrell Inman 25-243-1 last year with 2 teams
Bennie Flower 29-350-3 last year with Denver.

Given the salary cap limitations.
We may have to hang our hat on a second or 3rd round draft pick catching on quick and grabbing that #4 spot.

Agree Stosh - this draft will be difficult to predict what they do- accept we know they won’t make many trades.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:49 am 

The more I think about them not making any trades, maybe they do if the situation is right. You look at all of the crazy trades that have gone down this offseason, there are a number of teams sitting on multiple picks in some rounds.

Say there is a team that really likes Bryant and have designs to pursue him in 2019. If they are flush with draft picks maybe they decide to trade for Bryant now and eliminate the need to bid for his services in 2019 with other teams. That new team could franchise Bryant to keep him in the fold for two years at least even if they couldn't get a long term deal done. If a team offered a 2nd round pick I think Colbert has to take that deal.

You look at all of trading that Colbert did last year, trading Coates away, trading for Vance McDonald and JJ Wilcox. Is that just a one year anomaly or a sign of things to come?

In regards to Hunter, nothing wrong with him being in the fold, cheap vet, who might surprise with Fitchner as the OC.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:54 am 

R S wrote:
maybe 1 out of 3 that hit him in he hands. Really not sure what Coates you were watching KC.

Nah, Coates was very good early in the season and then his freaking hand split open.

Does he have AB level hands? Of course not. Did he do a great job in the Nate Washington "take the top off the defense" role? Absolutely.

Coates is limited as hell, as was Washington, but before he was injured, Coates made several big plays for the Steelers.

Hunter made ZERO.

I'll bet you are.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:16 am 

KC wrote:
R S wrote:
maybe 1 out of 3 that hit him in he hands. Really not sure what Coates you were watching KC.

Nah, Coates was very good early in the season and then his freaking hand split open.

Does he have AB level hands? Of course not. Did he do a great job in the Nate Washington "take the top off the defense" role? Absolutely.

Coates is limited as hell, as was Washington, but before he was injured, Coates made several big plays for the Steelers.

Hunter made ZERO.

JETS game. He was destroying the JETS and he went into halftime with the hand injury. Still ended up with 150+ yd and 2 TDs I believe.

I agree, I would have rather brought back Coates than Hunter.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:52 am 

2nd RND for Bryant is too expensive IMHO. Perhaps a 4th RND at best. I don't believe they want to trade either Bryant or Bell. Realistically that leaves no one worth a shit to propose trading so I believe they're done within the trading scenario. Unless they trade future picks for a certain player? Who that would be is anyone's guess...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:15 am 

Artie Burns and Sean Davis might be the two guys who could be traded and bring something back. They're both cheap at the moment and both are in danger of being replaced by end of 2018. I don't believe either are going to be traded, but it's not outrageous to contemplate.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:15 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
2nd RND for Bryant is too expensive IMHO. Perhaps a 4th RND at best. I don't believe they want to trade either Bryant or Bell. Realistically that leaves no one worth a shit to propose trading so I believe they're done within the trading scenario. Unless they trade future picks for a certain player? Who that would be is anyone's guess...

Shamarko Thomas, obviously.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:39 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Anybody else still out ther?

Well, this guy is available:

6013, 212lbs, 4.43 40, 23 reps, 41 VJ, 10'11" BJ, 4.06 SS, 6.98 3 cone... and more yards per target in the postseason than Antonio Brown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:52 am 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ ... id=2552470

I expected them to at least entertain the thought of bringing him back. I guess not. Now a Houston Texan. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/p ... mie-coates

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next