It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3181
TB wrote:
Surprised not to see Malik Jefferson on there. He checks a lot of boxes that they normally like. Definitely think he’s an option at 28.


I am not a fan. Especially in the 1st. Jefferson is more athlete than football player. Bad instincts. I think he is a lot like Vince Williams and the Steelers already have Vince Williams

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4054
jebrick wrote:
TB wrote:
Surprised not to see Malik Jefferson on there. He checks a lot of boxes that they normally like. Definitely think he’s an option at 28.


I am not a fan. Especially in the 1st. Jefferson is more athlete than football player. Bad instincts. I think he is a lot like Vince Williams and the Steelers already have Vince Williams


I know most see him later, but our last two top picks T.J. Watt and Artie Burns say hi. If they like him and don't think he'd be there at 60, he's gotta be in discussion. They are taking an ILB either 1.28 or 2.60. They've brought too many in not too.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3181
I agree. Evans is more football player than athlete which may be what they need but I think he will redshirt his rookie year like Dupree.

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16602
Serious. Groin. Injury.

It's Jarvis all over again. Makes plays on tape, just be sure to ignore the ones he doesn't make because of his mobility skills. Play in big conference, falling on draft boards, shitty workout. Excuses.

Also not a position fit for a Mack LB. If we're looking to upgrade Vince and think that's really where the problem is, then he's your guy.

_________________
VASteelerGuy wrote:
These refs suck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16602
TB wrote:
jebrick wrote:
TB wrote:
Surprised not to see Malik Jefferson on there. He checks a lot of boxes that they normally like. Definitely think he’s an option at 28.


I am not a fan. Especially in the 1st. Jefferson is more athlete than football player. Bad instincts. I think he is a lot like Vince Williams and the Steelers already have Vince Williams


I know most see him later, but our last two top picks T.J. Watt and Artie Burns say hi. If they like him and don't think he'd be there at 60, he's gotta be in discussion. They are taking an ILB either 1.28 or 2.60. They've brought too many in not too.

They didn't go to his pro day. No dinner. Not an likely option at 1.28.

_________________
VASteelerGuy wrote:
These refs suck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16602
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ice wrote:
I really hope L. Carter is in play at 1.28.

I think he is... but other guys would have to be gone. Carter is definitely no lock to be gone before 2.60.

EDIT: I just went to the 4 best rankings that I know of: nfl draft scout, Rang, Brugler, & Zierlein. The average ranking for him is(40+86+47+49)/4= 55.5

Lorenzo Carter went 66

Also, I messed up not including Terrell Edmunds... I justified that by buying in to the thought that Terrell would go in the top two rounds.

_________________
VASteelerGuy wrote:
These refs suck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4054
I don't know why we didn't see it coming after Burns and Davis were picked where they were.

PFF hates him, barely a top 200 player, but they also had Keanu Neal as the 78th ranked safety in his class and he has been a stud for the Falcons. So who knows.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3181
TB wrote:
I don't know why we didn't see it coming after Burns and Davis were picked where they were.

PFF hates him, barely a top 200 player, but they also had Keanu Neal as the 78th ranked safety in his class and he has been a stud for the Falcons. So who knows.


Generally the teams know way more than the draftniks

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4870
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Here's how unpredictable this one was, folks. Pretty sure I won the mock contest on Joshua Frazier in the 7th and getting closest on Hamilton.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3181
Ice wrote:
Here's how unpredictable this one was, folks. Pretty sure I won the mock contest on Joshua Frazier in the 7th and getting closest on Hamilton.


I was closer than you on Hamilton but I missed Washington by a round.

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4870
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
jebrick wrote:
Ice wrote:
Here's how unpredictable this one was, folks. Pretty sure I won the mock contest on Joshua Frazier in the 7th and getting closest on Hamilton.


I was closer than you on Hamilton but I missed Washington by a round.


Was just looking over it for shits and giggles after it was all over and was like, damn, we didn't predict jack shit. Congrats on Washington, though, I actually think I'm going to like the guy in B&G.

Not sure I remember one where we were all collectively this far off.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16602
Drama won, I think

_________________
VASteelerGuy wrote:
These refs suck


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PittWest, RemoAZ, Sir Lambert, Stillcajun and 35 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group