It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Patriots Trade Brandin Cooks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:34 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
McVay seems hungry, innovative, not content with resting on his laurels.

Basically the opposite of our dumbass coach. Oh, did someone want me to turn this into a Tomlin-bashing thread?

:lol:

How can anyone call a guy a "great coach" after one year? The Rams have high day one or day talent all over that roster. They were playing with a 3rd place schedule and the 17th weakest strength of schedule in the league. Dude has no laurels to rest on because he has done nothing other than to take Jeff Fischer's players and get them to produce.

Really going to be interesting to see how this year goes, they have essentially the 80s Raiders on defense. They just collected every problem player they can get their hands on and put what amounts to a substitute teacher in charge of them- how is this NOT going to blow up in their faces? Suddenly Peters and Suh and Talib are going to be model citizens? Don't hold your breath. This will be a powder keg that everyone hopes goes off- because it will make great drama (it is LA after all) .

I will go on record and say if they do not win the division or make the Conference championship game McVay will be fired.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:09 pm 

The best thing McVay did was bring in Wade Phillips to coach his defense. That was huge. Phillips will have no problem with Talib, they were together in Denver after all. In fact Phillips more than any DC out there is able to squeeze the best out of every player he has ever had, just a fact. He is able to come in cold, and turn around a defense in his first year with no effort at all.

I see the offense falling back down to earth, McVay's bread and butter. Defenses will adjust to what he was doing last year, just as team's adjusted to Chip Kelly and his offenses.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:25 pm 

And once again some team falls all over themselves to give the Pats a first round pick for a player who's not worth it. Seriously, WTF is wrong with these teams?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:28 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
And once again some team falls all over themselves to give the Pats a first round pick for a player who's not worth it. Seriously, WTF is wrong with these teams?

It’s like they go brain dead when they pick up and hear Belicheck on the other end of the line...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:45 am 

Someone over there in cheatville has espn and can read dumbasses minds... oh wait..., did I word that incorrectly? I meant Esper/ESP. They listen for ..., God I wish [name player] was on my team. I'd give anything! They go fleece those dumbass' and then they sit around afterwards and laugh at them. DUMBASS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:18 am 

Scunge wrote:
The best thing McVay did was bring in Wade Phillips to coach his defense. That was huge. Phillips will have no problem with Talib, they were together in Denver after all. In fact Phillips more than any DC out there is able to squeeze the best out of every player he has ever had, just a fact. He is able to come in cold, and turn around a defense in his first year with no effort at all.

I see the offense falling back down to earth, McVay's bread and butter. Defenses will adjust to what he was doing last year, just as team's adjusted to Chip Kelly and his offenses.

That team is built for a coach like Parcells a grizzled no-nonsense guy who has a track record for winning- not a guy that is in his 2nd year after having ONE good year. He doesn't have the culture set up to allow vets to come in and buy-in- because what are they buying into?

Yes, I agree getting Phillips was a great move, Phillips can only get these malcontent players to play and buy in as long as the team is winning. But he is installing at least 4 new players as starters on defense. At least 2 of them are known "freelancers" which teammates HATE. Not being where you are supposed to be when you're supposed to be intentionally is going to cause a lot of problems- especially when they get torched- repeatedly.

Look if McVay can get through the season with his hair intact and they get to the SB I will eat my words- but I have seen this movie before and it ends in people saying the same thing

"WTF was that?"