It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Could this ex-player be a possibility?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:21 pm 

They seem to have some gators on this team maybe they recruit him. But never seen a special team ace like Thomas get so many punt interference

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:24 pm 

Quote:
Patience in linebacker/safety markets: The Steelers showed interest in many free-agent inside linebackers early in the process, including Denver's Todd Davis and Cincinnati's Preston Brown. But as several linebackers earned deals worth $5 million to $9 million per year, some of whom are considered two-down players, the Steelers decided they couldn't spend that much. http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-ste ... -4-million

After reading this with FA still in full affect I can see the Steelers still being 'interested' in a FA or 2 and eventually getting them into the burgh. Funny no one here or anywhere else reported the Steelers having interest in anyone in FA. Of course everyone speculated and guessed but no one knew for sure who was even being targeted by them. Everyone crowns the belicheat/cheatboro philosophy as creative, savvy and shrewd. I think the Steelers for all their well known flaws are right up there in the creative [signing tier 1 FA's with only $6.5Mil in cap space]; savvy, by simply waiting it out through all the hyperbole [competing for high profile players against franchises with 10's of millions to spend] and shrewd, [allowing no information/knowledge of whom they targeted to be leaked out]. I know some here will not agree. That's their choice. For all the flack I give the Steelers all season long into the off season they just stay their course and continue to get better in the business of winning. In all phases. I'll still talk shit though. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:17 pm 

i sure they are still looking around hoping to find another cheap part.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:36 am 

Quote:
@Rich_Hammond
The Rams needed to make a move to get under the cap, and that was Webster. In their mind, it wasn't necessarily wise to pay $4m for a No. 3 or No. 4 corner coming off an injury. But they still like him, and he could come back before the season. https://twitter.com/Rich_Hammond/status ... 0291053568
Certainly take a look at this player. While it's a possibility he could return to the Rams I see this guy getting on to another team looking for more play time. I think Pittsburgh should take a look. Easily replaces Sensabaugh.