It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tomlin: not a fan of celebrations
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:34 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Exactly my point! Cowher's guys have been gone for years and they are still ELITE. .

In those "years" all they've managed to do is get embarassed in ONE conference championship. ELITE?!?! lmfao

Yes they are, compared to most NFL teams, in that time period easily 25-28 other cities would masturbate over our results, Steelers fans are just spoiled.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:08 pm 

Nick79 wrote:

Yes they are, compared to most NFL teams, in that time period easily 25-28 other cities would masturbate over our results, Steelers fans are just spoiled.

You are correct with this sentence. Can't deny a single word of it. And the fact remains, they are NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Just one Super Bowl win in that time would satisfy me. Just one. In that time, we've seen the Giants defeat the Patriots in the Super Bowl again. We've seen our arch-rivals, the Ravens, beat the Patriots in the AFCCG and go on to win the Super Bowl. We've also seen are cross-state rivals, the Eagles, win their very first Super Bowl ever, with a backup QB, take down the Patriots. See the recurring theme here? The Patriots. Except for the 2011 game that seems so long ago now, Tomlin and Co. have not been able to solve that mystery while the likes of Coughlin, Harbaugh, Ryan, Fox, Kubiak and now Pedersen have. Sure, call them ELITE, but also call them NOT GOOD ENOUGH to get the job done.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:54 pm 

The Steelers are absolutely NOT elite. Elite teams win championships. The are good, but not elite. Underachievers for sure.
Oh goody...we’re better than the Browns, Bengals, Bears, and Bucs...well, unless Mike Glennon is around...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:09 pm 

Obviously wrote:

We've also seen are cross-state rivals, the Eagles, win their very first Super Bowl ever, with a backup QB, take down the Patriots..

We aren't entitled to always win Super Bowls, we are way ahead of 90% of everyone. What we've experienced the last 5-6 years is upper level accomplishment that many fan bases would die for. Sorry, but that is true.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:57 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
Obviously wrote:

We've also seen are cross-state rivals, the Eagles, win their very first Super Bowl ever, with a backup QB, take down the Patriots..

We aren't entitled to always win Super Bowls, we are way ahead of 90% of everyone. What we've experienced the last 5-6 years is upper level accomplishment that many fan bases would die for. Sorry, but that is true.

Of course we're not entitled. Who says we are? You and I agree on this simple statement - Ben Roethlisberger is a HOF QB, a fantastic talent. Right? And yet the Steelers have won just won Super Bowl with him at the helm in nine seasons. The Steelers have had more talent that teams that have beaten the Patriots and gone on to win the Super Bowl in that time - Giants, Broncos and Ravens.

We also agree that the last 5-6 years of Steelers football is better than say 85% of NFL teams. I'm not disputing that. I'm just saying it's not GOOD ENOUGH. Not for me. And not for many Steelers fans. If that makes us spoiled, so be it. I couldn't care less. Steelers fans should expect excellence and when they don't get it because of stupid decisions, arrogance and buffoonery like we've seen in those 5-6 years, we should be upset. You're happy with it? Good for you. Others aren't. And with good reason.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:52 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Of course we're not entitled. Who says we are? You and I agree on this simple statement - Ben Roethlisberger is a HOF QB, a fantastic talent. Right? And yet the Steelers have won just won Super Bowl with him at the helm in nine seasons. The Steelers have had more talent that teams that have beaten the Patriots and gone on to win the Super Bowl in that time - Giants, Broncos and Ravens.

We also agree that the last 5-6 years of Steelers football is better than say 85% of NFL teams. I'm not disputing that. I'm just saying it's not GOOD ENOUGH. Not for me. And not for many Steelers fans. If that makes us spoiled, so be it. I couldn't care less. Steelers fans should expect excellence and when they don't get it because of stupid decisions, arrogance and buffoonery like we've seen in those 5-6 years, we should be upset. You're happy with it? Good for you. Others aren't. And with good reason.

You're right, it's not good enough, I'd like to do better. Ben has only won 2 Super Bowls, but Marino won zero, Jim Kelly zero, Elway 2, Mannings 2 each, Brees 1. What can you do? It's a game, win some, lose some, and we've won more than most?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:09 pm 

Obviously wrote:
The Steelers have had more talent that teams that have beaten the Patriots and gone on to win the Super Bowl in that time - Giants, Broncos and Ravens.

Not sure I agree with that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:46 pm 

Charles Demarr wrote:
The same guy who was 30+ minutes late to the coach's breakfast meetings this morning. -per Kaboly

Oh, he left the press waiting? Boo hoo.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:04 pm 

Nick....I don't think any fan base would "die for" anything short of a championship. You wouldn't, I wouldn't, and neither would anybody else.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:01 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Nick....I don't think any fan base would "die for" anything short of a championship. You wouldn't, I wouldn't, and neither would anybody else.

I wouldn’t be so sure

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next