It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Life after Bell
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:57 pm 

Ice wrote:
There should really, at this point, just be a separate forum for all Tomlin related argument.

Unfortunately, as I've learned this off-season, every single thread would end up there.
Yup. I call it confirmation bias and the dunning- kruger effect.

It also reflects negatively on you if you constantly bash something, and then realize you were wrong. You'd rather continue bashing it to preserve your world view than to admit to yourself you were wrong for so long. Or even have enough humility to maybe, just maybe there is another point of view, and/ or repeating the same shit over and over is tired and boring.

I just can't see the arrogance and overconfidence people have over GM and HC issues without having all the facts and data. I can understand analyzing and dissecting in-game decisions, strategy, draft pics, etc. I also understand forums and posting opinions, but when the narrow minded arguments are the same and repeated incessantly while ignoring others, it makes you wonder. I had someone tell me once that when you repeat yourself, you aren't doing it for others, you are doing it stroke your own ego. There is some truth to that. Some people here have been repeating the same invalid, made up, self-important arguments for a number of years.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:33 pm 

Quote:
It also reflects negatively on you if you constantly bash something, and then realize you were wrong. You'd rather continue bashing it to preserve your world view than to admit to yourself you were wrong for so long. Or even have enough humility to maybe, just maybe there is another point of view, and/ or repeating the same shit over and over is tired and boring.

And what is it exactly that these people are “wrong” about?

And many of the things you are accusing others of doing are the very things those who blindly support any and all things Mike Tomlin do.

Even if they have been shown their opinion may in fact be the “wrong” one they continue to repeat or bash those that disagree with them. So maybe it’s them that should show some humility and admit that in some cases THEY have been wrong.

Bigger picture, you people that constantly bitch & moan about what others post on a football message board need to get a grip. You are in no way the authority on what others say. Don’t like it, either debate their point or move along.

Sadly people like yourself are not capable of doing such things. It’s people that think like you that like to censure and silence those who disagree with your opinions as well as try to belittle them.

It’s a big part of your “playbook”...

Or is it simply you have a huge man crush on MT and take it personal when somebody says something negative bout your boy?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:44 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:

And many of the things you are accusing others of doing are the very things those who blindly support any and all things Mike Tomlin do.

Even if they have been shown their opinion may in fact be the “wrong” one they continue to repeat or bash those that disagree with them. So maybe it’s them that should show some humility and admit that in some cases THEY have been wrong.

Bigger picture, you people that constantly bitch & moan about what others post on a football message board need to get a grip. You are in no way the authority on what others say. Don’t like it, either debate their point or move along.

Sadly people like yourself are not capable of doing such things. It’s people that think like you that like to censure and silence those who disagree with your opinions as well as try to belittle them.

Or is it simply you have a huge man crush on MT and take it personal when somebody says something negative bout your boy?

I’m including myself here, but serious people don’t spend a lot of time on message boards, period. They have better things to do. :shock:

So...we’re all losers in our own special way. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:58 pm 

Quote:
There is a large portion of the fanbase that is convinced Tomlin only got the job because of the Rooney Rule and the NFL forcing the issue.

If that can be believed so easily by so many (perhaps even you) then why is it unfathomable that they'd honor James Conner by drafting him with the last pick on Day 2 so ESPN can talk him up one more time and the Steelers get the "local kid does good" storyline so many yinzers eat up?

You were the one that stated the Connor pick was all PR. Was that your opinion or is it rooted in some sort of fact?

And it’s “unfathomable” to think that because it would be an extremely misguided reason for selecting a player. You are saying the team would actually draft a local kid just so a feel good story can get written in the local paper and people are supposed to be ok with that ridiculous thought process?

And in regards to the “Rooney Rule” and Tomlin’s hire, I personally think while they might have wanted to honor the rule, that wasn’t the reason he was hired.

He was hired because when he speaks he came across as a very bright football coach that said all the right things. I know I bought in and was very impressed with Tomlin.

At first. But that’s waned after what he’s put on tape.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:03 pm 

Quote:
I just can't see the arrogance and overconfidence people have over GM and HC issues without having all the facts and data.

You act as if we don’t have 11 seasons along with 191 games of data that has shaped and formed the opinions that are being discussed here.

And those 191 games don’t include preseason.

I’d also be willing to bet a majority of the people that have lost faith in MT were actually supporters of his in the past. I know that’s the camp I reside in.

So your post was pretty much hyperbole.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:19 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
955876 wrote:
Quote:

I’m including myself here, but serious people don’t spend a lot of time on message boards, period. They have better things to do. :shock:

So...we’re all losers in our own special way. :D

Meh. I think we have all walks here. From unemployed basement dwellers to the highly successful & serious.

Some use it to fill a void and some do so as a means of decompressing from all the serious shit they actually do have to deal with.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:43 pm 

I’m employed/employable

I think it’s a 60/40 here.....60% working and being productive

40% basement dwellers receiving govt aid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:45 pm 

That's why Lit said "in our own special way" I can't disagree with him there. There is a bit of loser factor in spending a lot of time arguing about sports on a message board with complete strangers. I supposed it's become more mainstream now with people arguing if the sky is blue on facebook. But since a lot of us have been here before the universal use of social media, we should consider ourselves trailblazers in online loserdom.... :lol:

With Jeemie being the queen of it all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:04 pm 

R S wrote:
That's why Lit said "in our own special way" I can't disagree with him there. There is a bit of loser factor in spending a lot of time arguing about sports on a message board with complete strangers. I supposed it's become more mainstream now with people arguing if the sky is blue on facebook. But since a lot of us have been here before the universal use of social media, we should consider ourselves trailblazers in online loserdom.... :lol:

Excellent point about us being here before social media

I now feel better about myself.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:13 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
R S wrote:

Excellent point about us being here before social media

I now feel better about myself.

Thanks
Would you like a brand new spanking iphone or samsung to make you feel better? It has all the new features.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next