It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Most Inactive in Free Agency
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 432
Steelers and Cowboys are the most inactive in free agency with 0 signings. Colbert might nibble next week if he can find an affordable Safety. Pray to the football god that it's not Wiffle Mitchell. Maybe draft Jessie Bates at 60 if he's still around.


Last edited by Steelergenie on Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Most Inactive in Free Agency
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6430
Steelergenie wrote:
Steelers and Cowboys are the most inactive in free agency with 0 signings. Colbert might nibble next week if he can find an affordable Safety.


To be honest, Colbert quenched my thirst for a quality signing inking Touissant..

Anything else moving forward is gravy.

Pumped

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Most Inactive in Free Agency
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4003
This team doesn’t need to improve. 13-3 tells them that.

They were just unlucky.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Most Inactive in Free Agency
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:19 pm
Posts: 2216
BarryFoster wrote:
Steelergenie wrote:
Steelers and Cowboys are the most inactive in free agency with 0 signings. Colbert might nibble next week if he can find an affordable Safety.


To be honest, Colbert quenched my thirst for a quality signing inking Touissant..

Anything else moving forward is gravy.

Pumped


Don’t forget about that sweet 4 year extension for Rosie Nix! I mean if a back field of Rosie and Frenchy doesn’t have you salivating over the match up nightmares they will create, then there’s no hope for you ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Most Inactive in Free Agency
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9276
Quality and depth at ILB and safety is utter shit.

I wonder Colbert does not work out a trade for Mychal Kendricks.

955876 wrote:
This team doesn’t need to improve. 13-3 tells them that.

They were just unlucky.


I assume you’re not so stupid as to believe they really think this in actuality.

_________________
TB wrote:
Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Most Inactive in Free Agency
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 3673
Pretty unique situation we're in using over $14 million for a franchise tag for a tremendous RB and close to $9 million on a player that should never play again.

Anyone that thought we were going to be players in FA... I don't know what to tell you other than sorry. This team has two holes: ILB and S. The rest of the roster is set. Gotta trust they'll figure those two spots out before next season and work on improving our depth.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Most Inactive in Free Agency
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6430
Steel Ubaldo wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
Steelergenie wrote:
Steelers and Cowboys are the most inactive in free agency with 0 signings. Colbert might nibble next week if he can find an affordable Safety.


To be honest, Colbert quenched my thirst for a quality signing inking Touissant..

Anything else moving forward is gravy.

Pumped


Don’t forget about that sweet 4 year extension for Rosie Nix! I mean if a back field of Rosie and Frenchy doesn’t have you salivating over the match up nightmares they will create, then there’s no hope for you ;)


Ha

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Most Inactive in Free Agency
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 12742
955876 wrote:
This team doesn’t need to improve. 13-3 tells them that.

They were just unlucky.

Had to laugh at this one. 95 has the sarca down... :lol:

TB wrote:
Pretty unique situation we're in using over $14 million for a franchise tag for a tremendous RB and close to $9 million on a player that should never play again.

Anyone that thought we were going to be players in FA... I don't know what to tell you other than sorry. This team has two holes: ILB and S. The rest of the roster is set. Gotta trust they'll figure those two spots out before next season and work on improving our depth.

Bu, bu, bu, but he is seen on instagram working out in the Steelers facility doing pull ups man...

The Steelers need depth everywhere. WR, Edge, DLine, OLine, ST's.... all need depth players..., especially at RB.


Last edited by Steelafan77 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Most Inactive in Free Agency
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4003
Still Lit wrote:
Quality and depth at ILB and safety is utter shit.

I wonder Colbert does not work out a trade for Mychal Kendricks.

955876 wrote:
This team doesn’t need to improve. 13-3 tells them that.

They were just unlucky.


I assume you’re not so stupid as to believe they really think this in actuality.


And I’d assume you’re not so stupid as to not recognize the sarcasm.

No I don’t believe they actually think this in a literal sense.

At the same time, I don’t believe they feel the same sense of urgency as one would expect of a team who’s window is closing as quick as ours is.

Do what we do & standards and all. Business as usual.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Most Inactive in Free Agency
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1096
TB wrote:
Pretty unique situation we're in using over $14 million for a franchise tag for a tremendous RB and close to $9 million on a player that should never play again.

Anyone that thought we were going to be players in FA... I don't know what to tell you other than sorry. This team has two holes: ILB and S. The rest of the roster is set. Gotta trust they'll figure those two spots out before next season and work on improving our depth.


I agree with this post. FWIW finding an LB and S that fits within our pricing structure means we are probably looking towards post-draft or post-June 1 cuts to fill in what we need. We are $14 million under the cap with a team that's 86% set- the Cowboys are 608k under with more questions than answers. I like where we are- even though we didn't get that Honey Badger action figure

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CdnSteelerFan, Dan Smith--BYU, Google [Bot] and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group