It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Most Inactive in Free Agency
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:56 pm 

Steelers and Cowboys are the most inactive in free agency with 0 signings. Colbert might nibble next week if he can find an affordable Safety. Pray to the football god that it's not Wiffle Mitchell. Maybe draft Jessie Bates at 60 if he's still around.

Last edited by Steelergenie on Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Most Inactive in Free Agency
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:02 pm 

Steelergenie wrote:
Steelers and Cowboys are the most inactive in free agency with 0 signings. Colbert might nibble next week if he can find an affordable Safety.

To be honest, Colbert quenched my thirst for a quality signing inking Touissant..

Anything else moving forward is gravy.

Pumped

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:01 pm 

This team doesn’t need to improve. 13-3 tells them that.

They were just unlucky.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:05 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Steelergenie wrote:
Steelers and Cowboys are the most inactive in free agency with 0 signings. Colbert might nibble next week if he can find an affordable Safety.

To be honest, Colbert quenched my thirst for a quality signing inking Touissant..

Pumped

Don’t forget about that sweet 4 year extension for Rosie Nix! I mean if a back field of Rosie and Frenchy doesn’t have you salivating over the match up nightmares they will create, then there’s no hope for you ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:08 pm 

Quality and depth at ILB and safety is utter shit.

I wonder Colbert does not work out a trade for Mychal Kendricks.

955876 wrote:

They were just unlucky.

I assume you’re not so stupid as to believe they really think this in actuality.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:25 pm 

Pretty unique situation we're in using over $14 million for a franchise tag for a tremendous RB and close to $9 million on a player that should never play again.

Anyone that thought we were going to be players in FA... I don't know what to tell you other than sorry. This team has two holes: ILB and S. The rest of the roster is set. Gotta trust they'll figure those two spots out before next season and work on improving our depth.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:50 pm 

Steel Ubaldo wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
Steelergenie wrote:

Pumped

Don’t forget about that sweet 4 year extension for Rosie Nix! I mean if a back field of Rosie and Frenchy doesn’t have you salivating over the match up nightmares they will create, then there’s no hope for you ;)

Ha

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:54 pm 

955876 wrote:

They were just unlucky.

Had to laugh at this one. 95 has the sarca down... :lol:

TB wrote:
Pretty unique situation we're in using over $14 million for a franchise tag for a tremendous RB and close to $9 million on a player that should never play again.

Anyone that thought we were going to be players in FA... I don't know what to tell you other than sorry. This team has two holes: ILB and S. The rest of the roster is set. Gotta trust they'll figure those two spots out before next season and work on improving our depth.

Bu, bu, bu, but he is seen on instagram working out in the Steelers facility doing pull ups man...

The Steelers need depth everywhere. WR, Edge, DLine, OLine, ST's.... all need depth players..., especially at RB.

Last edited by Steelafan77 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:56 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Quality and depth at ILB and safety is utter shit.

I wonder Colbert does not work out a trade for Mychal Kendricks.

955876 wrote:

They were just unlucky.

I assume you’re not so stupid as to believe they really think this in actuality.

And I’d assume you’re not so stupid as to not recognize the sarcasm.

No I don’t believe they actually think this in a literal sense.

At the same time, I don’t believe they feel the same sense of urgency as one would expect of a team who’s window is closing as quick as ours is.

Do what we do & standards and all. Business as usual.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:09 pm 

TB wrote:

I agree with this post. FWIW finding an LB and S that fits within our pricing structure means we are probably looking towards post-draft or post-June 1 cuts to fill in what we need. We are $14 million under the cap with a team that's 86% set- the Cowboys are 608k under with more questions than answers. I like where we are- even though we didn't get that Honey Badger action figure