It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Eric Reid
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:01 am 

26yrs old, former 1st rnd pick SS/LB hybrid and an absolute perfect fit for what we need. Sign this guy now.

Post subject: Re: Eric Reid
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:07 am 

GreekSteel wrote:
26yrs old, former 1st rnd pick SS/LB hybrid and an absolute perfect fit for what we need. Sign this guy now.

His national anthem kneeling has supposedly cool his demand quite a bit. With how the Rooneys feel about our military and Villy being on the team I don't see us talking to him, unfortunately. Not sure how it will effect our view of his younger brother in the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:16 am 

Sorry guys, didn't mean to start the whole anthem stuff up again. I was just stating what I read about Reid and why he may not be as hot in FA as he could/should be.

Hopefully, if his market is cold it gives the Steelers a better shot at him. I just don't see it happening, based on how the Steelers have shown they operate.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:21 am 

DP39 wrote:
Sorry guys, didn't mean to start the whole anthem stuff up again. I was just stating what I read about Reid and why he may not be as hot in FA as he could/should be.

Hopefully, if his market is cold it gives the Steelers a better shot at him. I just don't see it happening, based on how the Steelers have shown they operate.

I’m trying to keep it apolitical and explain why NFL owners may be reluctant to buy in on the guys that knelt.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:36 pm 

This team got their ass kicked in embarrassing fashion by a team that ultimately went 5-11 and had a QB that only passed for like 90 yards TOTAL for the game.

Afterwords some players openly stated the anthem distraction played a role in the team’s lack of focus on the task at hand.

So ya, I’d trust Tomlin to handle the situation if we had our own weekly anthem kneeler.

I’m all for signing a player that is an upgrade on the field.

Do we have the coach to manage the situation off it?

Last edited by 955876 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:53 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
pressuring NFL teams to not sign any kneelers.

I would prefer my team to be made up exclusively of Free Folk, as well. They're raised tougher beyond The Wall.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:07 pm 

see if the steelers were active in Free Agency this talk would never happen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:24 pm 

Ice wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
pressuring NFL teams to not sign any kneelers.

I would prefer my team to be made up exclusively of Free Folk, as well. They're raised tougher beyond The Wall.

:lol: Nice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:47 pm 

Not really impressed with him as a player.

I would rather the Steelers draft his brother Justin Reid. I think he has a better NFL career.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:08 am 

The article I read I had comments from him (apparently from a tweet) suggesting that, from his perspective, teams were not offering enough money (i.e. lowballing him). He perceives this to be the result of his kneeling. He may or may not be right. However, based on the article I read this isn't really a Kap situation (assuming you believe Kap is being colluded against). Reid's language seems to suggest he may be getting offers, just that he doesn't believe they are his value. He isn't the only free agent to ever believe he isn't being offered enough. He just chose to presume (or at least state) it is due to his kneeling.

As a result, while I understand people like to argue the Kap stuff, it isn't really clear that Reid being unsigned has anything to do with kneeling. By his own admission (again assuming the article on BR or whatever is right), he just isn't being offered what he wants. I dunno.