It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Honey Badger is available
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:41 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Problem is....PIT is eyeing Cam Sutton for that spot.

I don't really buy that at all. Don't trust the local beat crew at all with any sort of real insight or breaking news for this team. Sutton will be competing for the 1B CB spot next to Haden next year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:44 am 

He wouldn't take a 3M shave off his 11M compensation for 2018 for Arizona. What makes you think he would take a haircut for the Steelers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:18 am 

Steelergenie wrote:
He wouldn't take a 3M shave off his 11M compensation for 2018 for Arizona. What makes you think he would take a haircut for the Steelers.

could sign him to a new deal, cap friendly the first couple years while Ben is still around. .....he may want to play for a SB contender,

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:53 am 

He said that the money isn't important RS, that he wants to play for a contender. But rarely does the player his age sign for much less. The Giants are eying him.

R S wrote:
Steelergenie wrote:

could sign him to a new deal, cap friendly the first couple years while Ben is still around. .....he may want to play for a SB contender,

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:00 pm 

Steelergenie wrote:
He said that the money isn't important RS, that he wants to play for a contender. But rarely does the player his age sign for much less. The Giants are eying him.

NYG are a dumpster fire.

But, honestly, I've always wondered why teams like NY, Chicago, LA, etc...don't often get discounts, because with that kind of coin and a 20-something pro athlete I'd love to live in those cities....vs GB?!? But maybe it's the opposite and serious players figure less distractions during the year, then if they want they can live in one of those cities in the offseason.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:00 pm 

Mathieu is only a fit for the Steelers in the role Will Gay was playing: a dime DB/joker or as a backup to Hilton, who I think is a better fit as slot DB. It would be an expensive piece to add, considering the other needs and the pricetag.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:02 pm 

TB wrote:
I don't really buy that at all. Don't trust the local beat crew at all with any sort of real insight or breaking news for this team. Sutton will be competing for the 1B CB spot next to Haden next year.

I doubt that they are as low on Burns as we are. They have a gaping hole at safety, and looking at a guy with some talent and wondering how to get him on the field.

You're thinking two dogs, one bone with Cam and Burns. They're trying to figure out how to get BOTH on the field. You can disagree, but I think they experimented with Gay at safety last year because they were trying to get the best talent on the field.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:44 pm 

Last year was the first time the Honey Badger finished all 16 games. He is not currently the player they drafted and he is trending down- not an ideal Steeler FA pick up. They drafted Budda Baker to replace him and they feel good enough about that to let him go. He reminds me of Troy late in his career in that you hold your breath every time he makes a tackle- because he might not get up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:40 pm 

The Steelers will draft a S but I doubt he would be ready for the season. Yikes, Mitchell is starting to float towards the top.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:24 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Steelergenie wrote:

NYG are a dumpster fire.

But, honestly, I've always wondered why teams like NY, Chicago, LA, etc...don't often get discounts, because with that kind of coin and a 20-something pro athlete I'd love to live in those cities....vs GB?!? But maybe it's the opposite and serious players figure less distractions during the year, then if they want they can live in one of those cities in the offseason.

Players already take a discount to play in many of those cities. It’s called Taxes.