It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New England acquires DT Danny Shelton
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:47 am 

Cleveland trades Shelton and a 2018 5th for NE’s 2019 3rd.

Classic deal for B.B. He gets a 24 year old former top 15 pick who has underperformed in Cleveland and will most likely turn this kid into a productive DT/NT at a bargain.

I think we tried this with Justin Gilbert. Brandon Boykin.

In other news......the Rams could have an unbelievable defense at least on paper. They gave up a 2 and a 4 to KC for Marcus Peters and a 5 to Denver for Acquib Talib. Philly has improved their D too.

I am preparing for another exciting Steelers off season. Looking forward to the Mike Mitchell releese and his subsequent resigning for less money, or possible Timmons signing.

Post subject: Re: New England acquires DT Danny Shelton
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:32 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:

Classic deal for B.B. He gets a 24 year old former top 15 pick who has underperformed in Cleveland and will most likely turn this kid into a productive DT/NT at a bargain.

In other news......the Rams could have an unbelievable defense at least on paper. They gave up a 2 and a 4 to KC for Marcus Peters and a 5 to Denver for Acquib Talib. Philly has improved their D too.

I am preparing for another exciting Steelers off season. Looking forward to the Mike Mitchell releese and his subsequent resigning for less money, or possible Timmons signing.

We do what we do.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:30 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:

It's so tough being a Steelers fan. *sniffles*

I'm sure giving up a third round pick for a slow DT who will get to play the same amount of snaps as Tyson Alualu will be a huge success much like dealing for Albert Haynesworth and Kony Ealy was.

Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:32 am 

Shelton is a dinosaur. In the mid 90s he'd be a great, great player. While it helps to have guys who are good run-stoppers, they have to not be a liability on pass plays or you're going to get killed more swiftly.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:39 am 

Meh... I guess the rich get richer? I'm looking at it like the Steelers signing Alualu.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:51 am 

The Patriots are going to win Festivus, though...

between the Airing Of Grievances and Feats Of Strength... they're pretty well set.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:28 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Shelton is a dinosaur. In the mid 90s he'd be a great, great player. While it helps to have guys who are good run-stoppers, they have to not be a liability on pass plays or you're going to get killed more swiftly.

Unless you play a team with one of the most enemic passing attacks in the league and they decide to just line up and ram it down your throat all day even though you know it’s coming.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:33 pm 

955876 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Unless you play a team with one of the most enemic passing attacks in the league and they decide to just line up and ram it down your throat all day even though you know it’s coming.

First off, you can run outside and ZBS stretch plays against Shelton, and secondly, they'd have had all day to PA pass.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:05 pm 

I was just thinking of how we managed to lose to a team that put up like 90 yards passing for the game.

That anthem controversy must have really taken away from prep that week. Only so many hours in a day.

Last edited by 955876 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:23 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

between the Airing Of Grievances and Feats Of Strength... they're pretty well set.

I just wish they wouldn't always win against the Steelers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:00 pm 

TB wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

It's so tough being a Steelers fan. *sniffles*

I'm sure giving up a third round pick for a slow DT who will get to play the same amount of snaps as Tyson Alualu will be a huge success much like dealing for Albert Haynesworth and Kony Ealy was.

Art2 Junior - pussy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:48 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Steelerfury poasters own The Airing of Grievances.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:01 am 

Ice wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Steelerfury poasters own The Airing of Grievances.

IDK, man... the coach and Brady's wacko trainer, the QB/Owner and deflategate, Gronk and how he is officiated... we may have more volume but they have the most star power.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:41 pm 

We've got the wrist circumference, volume and HIG factor to cohere what must be cohered.