It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Browns trade for Jarvis Landry
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:53 am 

Ice wrote:
Professional football player on franchise tag, who would prefer the security of a long term contract.

Then he should have accepted their more than generous offer right?

I get it, he rushed at 4.0 YPC last year...looked slower than ever at times...so he deserves 6 million more than any back in the league.

Last edited by Hinestuff on Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:53 am 

Hinestuff wrote:

Bitch-like?

Maybe I'm missing the deep profundity of this response. Care to clarify?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:54 am 

Ice wrote:
Hinestuff wrote:

Bitch-like?

I just did ^

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:58 am 

Hinestuff wrote:
Ice wrote:
Professional football player on franchise tag, who would prefer the security of a long term contract.

Then he should have accepted there more than generous offer right?

I get it, he rushed at 4.0 YPC last year...looked slower than ever at times...so he deserves 6 million more than any back in the league.

The only thing we know for certain is that the guy is, once again, tagged. While he previously said he wouldn't play on another, he's basically just backed off and said "fine, I'll just do what I did last season." That's a compromise on his part, and hardly being a malcontent. Risking preseason or training camp, or even OTA injury while playing on a tag isn't a good move for the player at all, and his decision there is professional and perfectly understandable.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:59 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Minny's got more but their window is shorter. Buffalo is a little ahead of Cleveland but they have fewer resources to work with. Cleveland is like the bed that's not too hard, not too soft... just right for Goldilocks.

Josh Gordon, Joe Thomas, Jarvis Landry, David Njoku, Myles Garrett, Danny Shelton, Emmanuel Ogbah, Jamie Collins, Christian Kirksey. Some of their depth is better than the Steelers' depth, especially in edge guys.

Add a bunch of high draft picks and Kirk Cousins and you've got the makings of a really nice core of players.

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. Cleveland has a way of stepping on their own dicks. There's issues with nearly every player you listed. Josh Gordon? Cripes, he makes Martavis Bryant look like a choir boy. Joe Thomas starting to show age. Many of the others were part of that grand 0-16 team last year. Yeah, Garrett was hurt, but he needs to prove himself. Kurt Cousins hasn't proven anything great either. While the Clowns will likely not go 0-16 again, they'll struggle to achieve .500, again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:47 pm 

Hinestuff wrote:
Ice wrote:
Hinestuff wrote:

Bitch-like?

I just did ^

Was your boy Hines "bitch-like" during his holdouts and contract disputes? It's a business, dude.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:55 pm 

Hines was “bitch-like” all the time...

We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. -Clark W. Griswald
#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:56 pm 

It's gonna be sad watching the yinzers turn on Juju when his time is up to be paid. In two years, I predict the louder, dumbass portion of our fanbase (which unfortunately constitutes quite a large number) will get tired of him being so outspoken and will flip it against him, if not sooner.

Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:57 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:

Remind me when Hines wanted $6 million more than the highest paid WR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:58 pm 

TB wrote:
It's gonna be sad watching the yinzers turn on Juju when his time is up to be paid. In two years, I predict the louder, dumbass portion of our fanbase (which unfortunately constitutes quite a large number) will get tired of him being so outspoken and will flip it against him, if not sooner.

Conjecture as opposed to current reality w Bell

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:13 pm 

Quote:
Field Yates

Verified account

@FieldYates
Follow Follow @FieldYates
More
The Browns are trading DT Danny Shelton to the Patriots for a conditional pick, league sources tell @AdamSchefter and me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:21 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

Not talking about money.

We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. -Clark W. Griswald
#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:59 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

Perhaps someone should research the idea of negotiation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:00 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Quote:
Field Yates

Verified account

@FieldYates
More
The Browns are trading DT Danny Shelton to the Patriots for a conditional pick, league sources tell @AdamSchefter and me.

Interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:06 pm 

KC wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
What if

Cousins signs in Cleveland

They draft Barkley #1

Who knows at 4

Cousins/Barkley/Landry/Gordon

Just saying

Landry really isn't anything special.

The other guys would be, other than Cousins, who has PLENTY to prove.

Disagree on Landry. While he isn't AB, he's only a step or so below. Easily a top 12 WR in the league. That's a pretty big deal for Cleveland. If Gordon balls out like he's capable of, that's a serious 1A and 1B punch. Taylor's scrambling will fit right in with Landry's abilities.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:24 pm 

DP39 wrote:
KC wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
What if

Cousins signs in Cleveland

They draft Barkley #1

Who knows at 4

Cousins/Barkley/Landry/Gordon

Just saying

Landry really isn't anything special.

The other guys would be, other than Cousins, who has PLENTY to prove.

Disagree on Landry. While he isn't AB, he's only a step or so below. Easily a top 12 WR in the league. That's a pretty big deal for Cleveland. If Gordon balls out like he's capable of, that's a serious 1A and 1B punch. Taylor's scrambling will fit right in with Landry's abilities.

If Taylor starts more than a game or two, something will have gone very, very wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:28 pm 

Ice wrote:

Turned down a long-term deal paying him 50% more than the next highest paid RB. There's "business", and then there's greed....and then you have Bell's stupid sense of self worth.

Might be why fans have "turned" on him....along with potentially hurting the team by skipping all of preseason and needing 3-4 games to get up to speed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:12 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Quote:
Field Yates

Verified account

@FieldYates
More

Patriots acquired DT Danny Shelton and a 2018 fifth-round pick from the Browns in exchange for the Patriots' third-round pick in 2019 http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10339/danny-shelton
Wow, Wheelin and Dealin......

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:38 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Ice wrote:

Turned down a long-term deal paying him 50% more than the next highest paid RB. There's "business", and then there's greed....and then you have Bell's stupid sense of self worth.

Might be why fans have "turned" on him....along with potentially hurting the team by skipping all of preseason and needing 3-4 games to get up to speed.

All that's known truth out of that is that he turned down a contract. "Stupid sense of self worth" is an interesting turn of phrase, by the way. If he's going to be playing on a 100% salary tag, skipping preseason activity is simply logical. "The fans" would do it, too, if their salary was at stake.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:48 am 

Ice wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Ice wrote:

All that's known truth out of that is that he turned down a contract. "Stupid sense of self worth" is an interesting turn of phrase, by the way. If he's going to be playing on a 100% salary tag, skipping preseason activity is simply logical. "The fans" would do it, too, if their salary was at stake.

Once he signs the tag, it’s 100% guaranteed...right?

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:42 am 

Pretty sure he waited until the last minute to sign it last season, and yes, it is guaranteed, but an injury in a meaningless game certainly hurts when looking for employment next season.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:38 pm 

Ice wrote:
If he's going to be playing on a 100% salary tag, skipping preseason activity is simply logical. "The fans" would do it, too, if their salary was at stake.

I'd be curious if stepping into a full speed game when you haven't played doesn't actually increase injury risk. And underperforming 3-4 weeks while you get up to game speed doesn't help your numbers and FA value.

Hines Ward in a contract year took out an insurance policy and came to camp. That's the right way to do things, and the SMART way.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:49 pm 

Ice wrote:
Pretty sure he waited until the last minute to sign it last season, and yes, it is guaranteed, but an injury in a meaningless game certainly hurts when looking for employment next season.

And what happens should he get injured while training on his own...with no contract?
We know how the Steelers blow off pre season games for their front liners. Absolutely no reason for him not to sign and get to camp with his teammates...none!

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next