It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Timmons to be released
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:45 pm 

My guess is that Timmons, if given the option, would come back here and play for not too much and little to no guarantee $. He would help some with the run D and add much needed talent at depth, if that was his role. Would easily be at least our second best available ILB in the room today.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:55 pm 

DP39 wrote:
My guess is that Timmons, if given the option, would come back here and play for not too much and little to no guarantee $. He would help some with the run D and add much needed talent at depth, if that was his role. Would easily be at least our second best available ILB in the room today.

Problem with this logic is the ability to cover - not support the run - determines which LBer plays.....just saw that this year with Harrison.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:24 pm 

sad stae of affairs that a washed up timmons is probably an upgrade for us at this point..hard pass on Timmons..we can do better just got to wait out more cuts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:29 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
DP39 wrote:

Problem with this logic is the ability to cover - not support the run - determines which LBer plays.....just saw that this year with Harrison.

But his coverage ability will still be better than most in the room now. I'm not saying he's the main answer, but I think he could be a very solid role player, something we barely have now. Again, playing for probably less and 2 mil per, almost vet minimum. They're not going to spend $7-8 mil per for a top-tier FA ILB, imo.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:39 pm 

DP39 wrote:
But his coverage ability will still be better than most in the room now. I'm not saying he's the main answer, but I think he could be a very solid role player, something we barely have now. Again, playing for probably less and 2 mil per, almost vet minimum. They're not going to spend $7-8 mil per for a top-tier FA ILB, imo.

I don't disagree with any of that (though I agree with other posters better options are probably out there). I think it's a 100% certainty they sign him. And I think it's better than 50/50 he's starting Wk 1, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:52 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
DP39 wrote:

At he least next seasons postseason failure might already have its excuse.

But but but we just didn’t have a LB that could cover....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:08 pm 

955876 wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
DP39 wrote:

At he least next seasons postseason failure might already have its excuse.

But but but we just didn’t have a LB that could cover....

Which is why I see Timmons as PART of the ILB solution (a cheap one at that). I think we need at least two new parts at the position. Ultimately, he's your #3-4 guy with some decent versatility.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:23 pm 

They will most likely sign Timmons and draft a guy.

And unless the drafted guy is an immediate hit Timmons is your starter.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:51 pm 

Yeah as really he is winding down his career. As sometimes less is more. And he could cover when needed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:22 pm 

JPPT1974 wrote:
Yeah as really he is winding down his career. As sometimes less is more. And he could cover when needed.

The dude is 31 for goodness sake. He was 20 when drafted. He is about the same age as Sean Lee.

Bring him in and see what he has left. It's not like he is 39 like Harrison. :o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next