It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:36 pm 

B2B, you've outlined a great selling point. Thanks. :P

I doubt very seriously they trade Martavis. Breaking up the band would not be wise. Brown, Bell, Bryant and Now..., Smith-Schuster? Add to that the OLine staying the same and McDonald, James and Rogers?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:52 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
B2B, you've outlined a great selling point. Thanks. :P

I doubt very seriously they trade Martavis. Breaking up the band would not be wise. Brown, Bell, Bryant and Now..., Smith-Schuster? Add to that the OLine staying the same and McDonald, James and Rogers?

With the emergence of JuJu, I like to refer to the offense as the JuJuBes. Yummy. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:01 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Bryant has played 4 career playoff games-- one of those without AB.

34 targets... 21 catches... 322yds... 15.33ypc... 3 TDs... 61.8% catch pct... 9.47... yards per target... 4att/90yds rushing

keep him just for the playoffs!

Steelers were 1-3 in those games. The season they didn’t have Bryant, they made the AFCCG. Now I’m not suggesting trade him just to trade him, but if you can get a piece to upgrade the defense, you have to seriously consider the deal. The Steelers would be fine without Martavis Bryant.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:16 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

34 targets... 21 catches... 322yds... 15.33ypc... 3 TDs... 61.8% catch pct... 9.47... yards per target... 4att/90yds rushing

Steelers were 1-3 in those games. The season they didn’t have Bryant, they made the AFCCG. Now I’m not suggesting trade him just to trade him, but if you can get a piece to upgrade the defense, you have to seriously consider the deal. The Steelers would be fine without Martavis Bryant.

No Bell for most of those... let's get rid of him, too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:00 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

These cuts are all crazy talk. Once we get an exemption for Shazier (and we will), there's the money to tag Bell.

Cutting Gay, Wilcox and Mitchell frees up $10M....all this without doing anything else like restructuring/extending Ben and others.

I keep saying it - with the way the cap has been increasing that past 4-5 years, serious impact players people are dreaming about RARELY become free agents. Much more realistic (and affordable) options you're hoping for is to grab a guy like Joe Haden or DeAngelo Williams, and avoid guys like WIlcox and Ladarius Green.

This is why I keep saying despite the tag being too much money for Bell, it VERY LIKELY will be the best return on that money PIT can get (aside from rolling it over into the future, which now is not the time for that).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:21 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Yeah, that’s what I’m suggesting.
I’m talking about legitimately upgrading the defense. Nothing, within reason, should be off the board.
Unless you think sitting pat with a good, but not good enough, team is the way to go.
And for the record, if someone comes up with a way to get an impact defender or two for Lev Bell, I’m all in...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:31 pm 

If you could get a great starting Mack and or a great Safety, in exchange for Bell... I'm all for it. i don't think you can.

If you could get one for Bryant I am willing to listen to the deal... I also think there's little chance of that. What I think there would be is a deal where you ship Bryant off for far less than he's worth to the team on the field in 2017 and comp pick wise in 2020.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:00 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
If you could get one for Bryant I am willing to listen to the deal... I also think there's little chance of that. What I think there would be is a deal where you ship Bryant off for far less than he's worth to the team on the field in 2017 and comp pick wise in 2020.

Right....and I'm not saying it's your fantasy, but after the year he had....1 year away from free agency.....1 failed test away from a 16+ game ban.....Bryant's value in trade is almost non-existent, talking like R5 value.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:21 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
If you could get a great starting Mack and or a great Safety, in exchange for Bell... I'm all for it. i don't think you can.

Exactly...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:44 pm 

Quote:
The Miami Herald has learned the team will cut linebacker Lawrence Timmons by March 14. That will save $5.4 million in cap space. http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... 84959.html
For all you fuckers that want a washed up retread back in the B&G.....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:18 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I know there was some internet draft dumbass who suggested Gilmore's future was as an OT.

Are you the dumbass in question?

Maybe. Get back to me if it turns out Gilmore is a good OLman. :lol:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:04 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
The Miami Herald has learned the team will cut linebacker Lawrence Timmons by March 14. That will save $5.4 million in cap space. http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... 84959.html

Oh, and here's another potential retread about to be available.

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Bolt/Bears-will-probably-move-on-from-Markus-Wheaton-per-ESPN-115378864/Amp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:21 pm 

I don't know about Davis, and I don't know about Burns....but people are also forgetting Cam Sutton.

There IS some talent on that secondary (to go with Haden and Hilton). It just needs to be coached & developed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:25 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:

Oh, and here's another potential retread about to be available.

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Bolt/Bears-will-probably-move-on-from-Markus-Wheaton-per-ESPN-115378864/Amp

I watched Timmons a decent amount this past year and to me it looked like he was just going through the motions out on the field and trying to avoid real big hits or injury (strange to see). Like he was playing at 80% most of the time. I saw him turn it on on occasion though. Not sure what to make of it, other than I know he was very unhappy there. I know he's not the player he was 3 years ago, but I wonder what he truly has left, if in the right frame of mind.

Wheaton - I've wanted no part of after his first NFL year. He doesn't love the game and still plays scared/not to get hit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:37 pm 

Timdong makes sense if healthy and cheap. As much message board hell as I've given him over the years, I have to acknowledge that he may have made a difference vs Jax.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:53 am 

Markus Wheaton ....no thanks!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:14 pm 

Quote:
Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
6m6 minutes ago
More
Chiefs are expected to trade CB Marcus Peters to the Los Angeles Rams, sources tell ESPN. Teams are in final stages of talks and barring an unexpected snag, the trade is expected to be agreed to as early as today.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:05 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
6m6 minutes ago
More
Chiefs are expected to trade CB Marcus Peters to the Los Angeles Rams, sources tell ESPN. Teams are in final stages of talks and barring an unexpected snag, the trade is expected to be agreed to as early as today.

Curious to see what they gave up for him.
Rams don’t have a 2nd round pick because of the Sammy Watkins trade.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:16 pm 

SOCALSTEEL wrote:
Curious to see what they gave up for him.
Rams don’t have a 2nd round pick because of the Sammy Watkins trade.

And his base salary this year is only $1.7M. Wow. Plus you have the 5th year option in play (assuming it transfers over).

If the Rams got him cheap, then everyone can throw up all over Colbert. Although it's possible KC would not have traded him to an AFC contender in need of secondary help.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:58 pm 

Speculation now is Trumaine Johnson will cash in with a cap friendly cornerback needy team. The top teams with most cap space are....

Browns
49'ers
Bears
Buccaneers
Raiders
Cowboys
Patriots
Eagles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:12 pm 

Make it the 49ers... They were apparently runner-up in the Marcus Peters deal, and they recently traded away Rashard Robinson.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:53 pm 

Quote:
@AdamSchefter
Jaguars are giving QB Blake Bortles a new three-year, $54 million deal, worth up to $66.5M with incentives, that includes $26.5M guaranteed, tying him to Jacksonville through the 2020 season, per source.

Jacksonville out of QB market. https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 0974465024
:shock:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:12 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
@AdamSchefter
Jaguars are giving QB Blake Bortles a new three-year, $54 million deal, worth up to $66.5M with incentives, that includes $26.5M guaranteed, tying him to Jacksonville through the 2020 season, per source.

Jacksonville out of QB market. https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 0974465024
:shock:

This is excellent news for the Steelers. I know that the Jags beat the Steelers 2x w Bortles last year, but I sure as hell didn't want them getting better at QB.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:18 am 

Fantastic news about Bortles. Agreed. If the Jags had gotten a QB, they would have been the SB favorite IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:42 pm 

J-Ville will get another QB and he’ll be starting by week 6.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next