It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3204
Vaccaro sucks. I would not spend money on him. He lost his job to a safety that can cover.

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14350
Quote:
@jeffzrebiecsun
Interesting news on one of the Ravens pending FAs: Crockett Gillmore is making the transition to a new position. Previously a tight end, Gillmore is moving to the offensive line. He's been training w/former NFL player LeCharles Bentley who runs a highly-respected OL Academy. https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiecsun/stat ... 6444882944
Hmmm....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16884
I know there was some internet draft dumbass who suggested Gilmore's future was as an OT.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8318
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I know there was some internet draft dumbass who suggested Gilmore's future was as an OT.

Are you the dumbass in question?

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16884
Poltargyst wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I know there was some internet draft dumbass who suggested Gilmore's future was as an OT.

Are you the dumbass in question?

Maybe. Get back to me if it turns out Gilmore is a good OLman. :lol:

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5618
Paul Posluszny not expected to be signed by the Jags. Hopewell HS Pittsburgh kid. Rumors he may end up with LA Chargers and Gus Bradley.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14350
Quote:
Martavis Bryant, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers: Bryant asked for a trade last season, and the Steelers didn't accommodate the request. With JuJu Smith-Schuster looking like the long-term Robin to Antonio Brown's Batman, perhaps another team could interest Pittsburgh in moving on from Bryant this time. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... witter_atn
Could Seattle be a trade partner option? Bryant for Thomas.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:46 pm
Posts: 1418
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
Martavis Bryant, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers: Bryant asked for a trade last season, and the Steelers didn't accommodate the request. With JuJu Smith-Schuster looking like the long-term Robin to Antonio Brown's Batman, perhaps another team could interest Pittsburgh in moving on from Bryant this time. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... witter_atn
Could Seattle be a trade partner option? Bryant for Thomas.



I wouldn't trade him. He's playing for a contract and the window with Ben is closing. It's not like WR is stacked behind him.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14350
I agree with the 'window' Demarr. That said, how much better do we expect Bryant will get? He had some very baffling dropsies issues this past season. He looked uninterested most of the season rounding his routes giving what appeared to be minimal efforts. Bryant looked like he'd lost a step even. At times it looked like Ben completely avoided him. I say trade Bryant while he still retains some worth. Are always WR needy teams out there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16884
Bryant has played 4 career playoff games-- one of those without AB.

34 targets... 21 catches... 322yds... 15.33ypc... 3 TDs... 61.8% catch pct... 9.47... yards per target... 4att/90yds rushing

keep him just for the playoffs!

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14350
B2B, you've outlined a great selling point. Thanks. :P

I doubt very seriously they trade Martavis. Breaking up the band would not be wise. Brown, Bell, Bryant and Now..., Smith-Schuster? Add to that the OLine staying the same and McDonald, James and Rogers?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1605
Steelafan77 wrote:
B2B, you've outlined a great selling point. Thanks. :P

I doubt very seriously they trade Martavis. Breaking up the band would not be wise. Brown, Bell, Bryant and Now..., Smith-Schuster? Add to that the OLine staying the same and McDonald, James and Rogers?

With the emergence of JuJu, I like to refer to the offense as the JuJuBes. Yummy. ;)

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7110
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Bryant has played 4 career playoff games-- one of those without AB.

34 targets... 21 catches... 322yds... 15.33ypc... 3 TDs... 61.8% catch pct... 9.47... yards per target... 4att/90yds rushing

keep him just for the playoffs!

Steelers were 1-3 in those games. The season they didn’t have Bryant, they made the AFCCG. Now I’m not suggesting trade him just to trade him, but if you can get a piece to upgrade the defense, you have to seriously consider the deal. The Steelers would be fine without Martavis Bryant.

_________________
We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. -Clark W. Griswald
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16884
Jobus Rum wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Bryant has played 4 career playoff games-- one of those without AB.

34 targets... 21 catches... 322yds... 15.33ypc... 3 TDs... 61.8% catch pct... 9.47... yards per target... 4att/90yds rushing

keep him just for the playoffs!

Steelers were 1-3 in those games. The season they didn’t have Bryant, they made the AFCCG. Now I’m not suggesting trade him just to trade him, but if you can get a piece to upgrade the defense, you have to seriously consider the deal. The Steelers would be fine without Martavis Bryant.

No Bell for most of those... let's get rid of him, too.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12232
bradshaw2ben wrote:
No Bell for most of those... let's get rid of him, too.


These cuts are all crazy talk. Once we get an exemption for Shazier (and we will), there's the money to tag Bell.

Cutting Gay, Wilcox and Mitchell frees up $10M....all this without doing anything else like restructuring/extending Ben and others.


I keep saying it - with the way the cap has been increasing that past 4-5 years, serious impact players people are dreaming about RARELY become free agents. Much more realistic (and affordable) options you're hoping for is to grab a guy like Joe Haden or DeAngelo Williams, and avoid guys like WIlcox and Ladarius Green.

This is why I keep saying despite the tag being too much money for Bell, it VERY LIKELY will be the best return on that money PIT can get (aside from rolling it over into the future, which now is not the time for that).

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7110
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Bryant has played 4 career playoff games-- one of those without AB.

34 targets... 21 catches... 322yds... 15.33ypc... 3 TDs... 61.8% catch pct... 9.47... yards per target... 4att/90yds rushing

keep him just for the playoffs!

Steelers were 1-3 in those games. The season they didn’t have Bryant, they made the AFCCG. Now I’m not suggesting trade him just to trade him, but if you can get a piece to upgrade the defense, you have to seriously consider the deal. The Steelers would be fine without Martavis Bryant.

No Bell for most of those... let's get rid of him, too.

Yeah, that’s what I’m suggesting.
I’m talking about legitimately upgrading the defense. Nothing, within reason, should be off the board.
Unless you think sitting pat with a good, but not good enough, team is the way to go.
And for the record, if someone comes up with a way to get an impact defender or two for Lev Bell, I’m all in...

_________________
We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. -Clark W. Griswald
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16884
If you could get a great starting Mack and or a great Safety, in exchange for Bell... I'm all for it. i don't think you can.

If you could get one for Bryant I am willing to listen to the deal... I also think there's little chance of that. What I think there would be is a deal where you ship Bryant off for far less than he's worth to the team on the field in 2017 and comp pick wise in 2020.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12232
bradshaw2ben wrote:
If you could get one for Bryant I am willing to listen to the deal... I also think there's little chance of that. What I think there would be is a deal where you ship Bryant off for far less than he's worth to the team on the field in 2017 and comp pick wise in 2020.


Right....and I'm not saying it's your fantasy, but after the year he had....1 year away from free agency.....1 failed test away from a 16+ game ban.....Bryant's value in trade is almost non-existent, talking like R5 value.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7110
bradshaw2ben wrote:
If you could get a great starting Mack and or a great Safety, in exchange for Bell... I'm all for it. i don't think you can.

If you could get one for Bryant I am willing to listen to the deal... I also think there's little chance of that. What I think there would be is a deal where you ship Bryant off for far less than he's worth to the team on the field in 2017 and comp pick wise in 2020.

Exactly...

_________________
We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. -Clark W. Griswald
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14350
Quote:
The Miami Herald has learned the team will cut linebacker Lawrence Timmons by March 14. That will save $5.4 million in cap space. http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... 84959.html
For all you fuckers that want a washed up retread back in the B&G.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8318
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I know there was some internet draft dumbass who suggested Gilmore's future was as an OT.

Are you the dumbass in question?

Maybe. Get back to me if it turns out Gilmore is a good OLman. :lol:

:lol:

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16884
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
The Miami Herald has learned the team will cut linebacker Lawrence Timmons by March 14. That will save $5.4 million in cap space. http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... 84959.html
For all you fuckers that want a washed up retread back in the B&G.....

Oh, and here's another potential retread about to be available.

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Bolt/Bears-will-probably-move-on-from-Markus-Wheaton-per-ESPN-115378864/Amp

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12232
I don't know about Davis, and I don't know about Burns....but people are also forgetting Cam Sutton.

There IS some talent on that secondary (to go with Haden and Hilton). It just needs to be coached & developed.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1605
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
The Miami Herald has learned the team will cut linebacker Lawrence Timmons by March 14. That will save $5.4 million in cap space. http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... 84959.html
For all you fuckers that want a washed up retread back in the B&G.....

Oh, and here's another potential retread about to be available.

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Bolt/Bears-will-probably-move-on-from-Markus-Wheaton-per-ESPN-115378864/Amp

I watched Timmons a decent amount this past year and to me it looked like he was just going through the motions out on the field and trying to avoid real big hits or injury (strange to see). Like he was playing at 80% most of the time. I saw him turn it on on occasion though. Not sure what to make of it, other than I know he was very unhappy there. I know he's not the player he was 3 years ago, but I wonder what he truly has left, if in the right frame of mind.

Wheaton - I've wanted no part of after his first NFL year. He doesn't love the game and still plays scared/not to get hit.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
Timdong makes sense if healthy and cheap. As much message board hell as I've given him over the years, I have to acknowledge that he may have made a difference vs Jax.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: benstunner, Google [Bot], Smashmouth21 and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group