It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3540
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Our DL didn’t get pressure and our OLBs are a joke... yet we had nearly a team record sacks and top 10 pressures.


Stop letting facts get in the way of a good story.

_________________
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there wouldn't be religious people."
--Doris Egan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9972
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Our DL didn’t get pressure and our OLBs are a joke... yet we had nearly a team record sacks and top 10 pressures.




And yet they pretty much played contain up front and zone in the back end vs Blake fn Bortles. Just a shit sandwich of a gameplan vs the jags.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 7303
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Our DL didn’t get pressure and our OLBs are a joke... yet we had nearly a team record sacks and top 10 pressures.


Wish we could have gotten some pressure on Bortles

Oh well

_________________
(x*y) - z = chances of winning

Where x = violent men playing on blades of grass
Where y = efficiency factor
Where z = because Tomlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 11030
Point is, the secondary is by far the shittiest thing going on defense.

Blown coverages are a major, but not only reason they lost to Jax.

I recall the D had a third and long and Bortles tossed a slant that went for 40 yards or so bc done asshole blew coverage.

Balls are coming out under three seconds. Sacks are nice. Hard to get there in under three seconds. Pressures are the new, better measure. The D is top 10 in pressures.

The secondary is TERRIBLE.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9972
Still Lit wrote:
Point is, the secondary is by far the shittiest thing going on defense.

Blown coverages are a major, but not only reason they lost to Jax.

I recall the D had a third and long and Bortles tossed a slant that went for 40 yards or so bc done asshole blew coverage.

Balls are coming out under three seconds. Sacks are nice. Hard to get there in under three seconds. Pressures are the new, better measure. The D is top 10 in pressures.

The secondary is TERRIBLE.




....and Tomlins resume shows he was a DB coach and DC

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24829
GreekSteel wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Point is, the secondary is by far the shittiest thing going on defense.

Blown coverages are a major, but not only reason they lost to Jax.

I recall the D had a third and long and Bortles tossed a slant that went for 40 yards or so bc done asshole blew coverage.

Balls are coming out under three seconds. Sacks are nice. Hard to get there in under three seconds. Pressures are the new, better measure. The D is top 10 in pressures.

The secondary is TERRIBLE.




....and Tomlins resume shows he was a DB coach and DC


Burns. Mitchell.

The rest had their breakdowns too, but Burns and Mitchell were both just so flat-out awful.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 11278
All that production in terms of sacks and pressures, but all that vanished come playoff time. Great.

Leads me to believe that is almost entirely on coaching and not having this team focused for the Jacksonville game, even though they curb stomped us at Heinz just two months prior.

But back on topic, we need a secondary threat and a ILB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 11030
Tomlin Tourette's...might actually be a thing...

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 18265
Jeemie wrote:
Burns. Mitchell.

The rest had their breakdowns too, but Burns and Mitchell were both just so flat-out awful.

^^^THIS

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 18265
Orangesteel wrote:
All that production in terms of sacks and pressures, but all that vanished come playoff time. Great.

Leads me to believe that is almost entirely on coaching and not having this team focused for the Jacksonville game, even though they curb stomped us at Heinz just two months prior.

But back on topic, we need a secondary threat and a ILB.

Or coaching was keeping them afloat for a few weeks, and a quality opponent revealed that the front 7 was undermanned and worn down.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9972
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Burns. Mitchell.

The rest had their breakdowns too, but Burns and Mitchell were both just so flat-out awful.

^^^THIS




Excuses!! Where was cam Sutton who had a good showing vs NE if Burns wasnt up to par?? Mitchell was exhausted from all his pre game trash talk outside the Jax lockerroom...Tomlin was too busy looking ahead to NE to come up with anything resembling a winning gameplan vs Jax.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9972
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
All that production in terms of sacks and pressures, but all that vanished come playoff time. Great.

Leads me to believe that is almost entirely on coaching and not having this team focused for the Jacksonville game, even though they curb stomped us at Heinz just two months prior.

But back on topic, we need a secondary threat and a ILB.

Or coaching was keeping them afloat for a few weeks, and a quality opponent revealed that the front 7 was undermanned and worn down.




Seriously?? Gimme a break with the excuses, Tomlin and Tomlin only wears that performance vs Jax, another lesson learned (hopefully) dont look past your present opponent.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24829
GreekSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Burns. Mitchell.

The rest had their breakdowns too, but Burns and Mitchell were both just so flat-out awful.

^^^THIS




Excuses!! Where was cam Sutton who had a good showing vs NE if Burns wasnt up to par?? Mitchell was exhausted from all his pre game trash talk outside the Jax lockerroom...Tomlin was too busy looking ahead to NE to come up with anything resembling a winning gameplan vs Jax.



A case can be made Sutton should have played more, so you have a gripe there.

The replacements on hand for Mitchell were not significantly better so not so much of a gripe there.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9972
eemie"]
GreekSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Burns. Mitchell.

The rest had their breakdowns too, but Burns and Mitchell were both just so flat-out awful.

^^^THIS




Excuses!! Where was cam Sutton who had a good showing vs NE if Burns wasnt up to par?? Mitchell was exhausted from all his pre game trash talk outside the Jax lockerroom...Tomlin was too busy looking ahead to NE to come up with anything resembling a winning gameplan vs Jax.



A case can be made Sutton should have played more, so you have a gripe there.

The replacements on hand for Mitchell were not significantly better so not so much of a gripe there.[/quote]



Jeemie, hes had at the very least 2 maybe 3 seasons to evalute Mitchells subpar performances and find a replacement, methinks Mitchell was a personal signing by Tomlin himself, banged the table for his contract and his signing..just my opinion i know.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9972
="Jeemie"]
GreekSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Burns. Mitchell.

The rest had their breakdowns too, but Burns and Mitchell were both just so flat-out awful.

^^^THIS




Excuses!! Where was cam Sutton who had a good showing vs NE if Burns wasnt up to par?? Mitchell was exhausted from all his pre game trash talk outside the Jax lockerroom...Tomlin was too busy looking ahead to NE to come up with anything resembling a winning gameplan vs Jax.



A case can be made Sutton should have played more, so you have a gripe there.

The replacements on hand for Mitchell were not significantly better so not so much of a gripe there.[/quote]




...and Cam Sutton wasnt there more than likely because the lame ass gameplan called for zone coverage..and they didnt think Sutton could play zone.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7402
Mitchell, if I remember correctly, has a groin injury he was trying to play through his first season. Then I think he had a shoulder problem, but others can verify.

Which means two of those three seasons he wasn't physically up to par. I'm not making excuses. I think he should be jettisoned as well.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 5473
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
GreekSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Burns. Mitchell.

The rest had their breakdowns too, but Burns and Mitchell were both just so flat-out awful.

^^^THIS




Excuses!! Where was cam Sutton who had a good showing vs NE if Burns wasnt up to par?? Mitchell was exhausted from all his pre game trash talk outside the Jax lockerroom...Tomlin was too busy looking ahead to NE to come up with anything resembling a winning gameplan vs Jax.


No thread will ever stay on topic again. Draft forum and Pittsburgh sports till training camp opens. See ya in July, gents! Let's Go Pens!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7402
Ice wrote:
No thread will ever stay on topic again.
It's tomlin's fault. And joey porter, of course. Those bastards just keep fucking up, even here.

Goddamnit!

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9972
="Ice"]
GreekSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Burns. Mitchell.

The rest had their breakdowns too, but Burns and Mitchell were both just so flat-out awful.

^^^THIS




Excuses!! Where was cam Sutton who had a good showing vs NE if Burns wasnt up to par?? Mitchell was exhausted from all his pre game trash talk outside the Jax lockerroom...Tomlin was too busy looking ahead to NE to come up with anything resembling a winning gameplan vs Jax.


No thread will ever stay on topic again. Draft forum and Pittsburgh sports till training camp opens. See ya in July, gents! Let's Go Pens![/quote]



How the is that off topic

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 7303
Replace MM with anyone, even Golden
Demote Burns, promote Sutton
Davis
Haden

Better already just making moves w what you already have

Now go get me some violent young men in the draft

_________________
(x*y) - z = chances of winning

Where x = violent men playing on blades of grass
Where y = efficiency factor
Where z = because Tomlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 11278
Has Fraudlin completely given up on Wilcox? He’s only 26 and with Mitchell’s cap hit next year can’t we give Wilcox a shot and dismiss Mitchell?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:14 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 8066
BarryFoster wrote:
Replace MM with anyone, even Golden
Demote Burns, promote Sutton
Davis
Haden

Better already just making moves w what you already have

Now go get me some violent young men in the draft

They can replace players, cut players, sign and draft new players...they keep running the same old schemes and system, it won’t mean shit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 11030
Ice wrote:
No thread will ever stay on topic again. Draft forum and Pittsburgh sports till training camp opens. See ya in July, gents! Let's Go Pens!


Should have set the over under at 10. 16 was way too high.

The Tomlin Tourette's is worse than I thought.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 18265
Still Lit wrote:
Ice wrote:
No thread will ever stay on topic again. Draft forum and Pittsburgh sports till training camp opens. See ya in July, gents! Let's Go Pens!


Should have set the over under at 10. 16 was way too high.

The Tomlin Tourette's is worse than I thought.

10??? Try 5, if you want to make it interesting. I’m still taking the under.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9972
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Ice wrote:
No thread will ever stay on topic again. Draft forum and Pittsburgh sports till training camp opens. See ya in July, gents! Let's Go Pens!


Should have set the over under at 10. 16 was way too high.

The Tomlin Tourette's is worse than I thought.

10??? Try 5, if you want to make it interesting. I’m still taking the under.




Are you guys for real?? X's or O's Jimmies or Joes...all goes back to the shades, or else go on pretending someone or something else is responsible.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TB and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group