It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryor
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:44 pm
Posts: 99
Boston is the only one you bring in as a starter. Lets say on a 5 year $40M deal with 8-10 guaranteed. Give him vet minimium in year 1 and you have a cap hit lower than the savings you get from cutting Mitchell.

That outta silence the "we cant afford it" crowd for that one.

Now Loutuleli, Timmons, and Pryor, I have to think none of them would be that expensive.

Each one is not likely to be wanted by their current team. coul dbe some great depth to be had here by bringing these guys in as reserves. It creates reat draft flexibility, and I am going to go out on a limb here and say we dont need to create anymore than $8M this year in cap space to grab ANY of them... If we restructure Ben and brown on top of Tuitt and DeCastro, we will have enough to sign Bell, draft picks, and these 4 players.

I think it gives us great stability going into the draft to still take players at these positions, but without nearly the same desperation.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1583
MeanJustinBarlow wrote:
Now Loutuleli, Timmons, and Pryor, I have to think none of them would be that expensive.

Each one is not likely to be wanted by their current team. coul dbe some great depth to be had here by bringing these guys in as reserves. It creates reat draft flexibility, and I am going to go out on a limb here and say we dont need to create anymore than $8M this year in cap space to grab ANY of them... If we restructure Ben and brown on top of Tuitt and DeCastro, we will have enough to sign Bell, draft picks, and these 4 players.


I say no to all 3:

With Star, it's simply a result of having way too much money invested in the D-Line. Over 17% of total cap space is already locked up in Heyward, Tuitt, Alualu, Hargrave, and LT. Star would command at least $5m/year on the open market.

Pryor is a one-year wonder at WR, and that position is pretty far down the list of needs. It's a risky signing at a position where we don't really need to take one

I can't see Miami releasing Timmons. He counts $8.25m against the cap in 2018, and releasing him would still result in a Cap hit of $7.25m. They save almost nothing by cutting him, and there's no way i trade to get him at over $8m/yr

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:44 pm
Posts: 99
Pabst wrote:
MeanJustinBarlow wrote:
Now Loutuleli, Timmons, and Pryor, I have to think none of them would be that expensive.

Each one is not likely to be wanted by their current team. coul dbe some great depth to be had here by bringing these guys in as reserves. It creates reat draft flexibility, and I am going to go out on a limb here and say we dont need to create anymore than $8M this year in cap space to grab ANY of them... If we restructure Ben and brown on top of Tuitt and DeCastro, we will have enough to sign Bell, draft picks, and these 4 players.


I say no to all 3:

With Star, it's simply a result of having way too much money invested in the D-Line. Over 17% of total cap space is already locked up in Heyward, Tuitt, Alualu, Hargrave, and LT. Star would command at least $5m/year on the open market.

Pryor is a one-year wonder at WR, and that position is pretty far down the list of needs. It's a risky signing at a position where we don't really need to take one

I can't see Miami releasing Timmons. He counts $8.25m against the cap in 2018, and releasing him would still result in a Cap hit of $7.25m. They save almost nothing by cutting him, and there's no way i trade to get him at over $8m/yr


Timmons has voided his guaranteed money because of his suspension

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thephi ... suspension

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
I wonder how likely a Timdong return really is?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6433
Lynch wrote:
I wonder how likely a Timdong return really is?


3.289%

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 752
I'll never understand the obsession with Pryor.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
BarryFoster wrote:
Lynch wrote:
I wonder how likely a Timdong return really is?


3.289%


That must be one hell of a probability model.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:44 pm
Posts: 99
Miter Saw wrote:
I'll never understand the obsession with Pryor.


Im not saying we give him a $50M contract for fuck sake! He can probably come for Heyward Bey money now. Why not take the flyer?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15929
Sounds like Manny Sanders is leaving DEN if they sign a QB... could put the band back together.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 122
No on sanders. We dont need "clank"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 6pack4ernest, fractalsteel, IncognitoCoup, jewelsongs, R S, tunch and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group