It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryor
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:19 pm 

Boston is the only one you bring in as a starter. Lets say on a 5 year $40M deal with 8-10 guaranteed. Give him vet minimium in year 1 and you have a cap hit lower than the savings you get from cutting Mitchell.

That outta silence the "we cant afford it" crowd for that one.

Now Loutuleli, Timmons, and Pryor, I have to think none of them would be that expensive.

Each one is not likely to be wanted by their current team. coul dbe some great depth to be had here by bringing these guys in as reserves. It creates reat draft flexibility, and I am going to go out on a limb here and say we dont need to create anymore than $8M this year in cap space to grab ANY of them... If we restructure Ben and brown on top of Tuitt and DeCastro, we will have enough to sign Bell, draft picks, and these 4 players.

I think it gives us great stability going into the draft to still take players at these positions, but without nearly the same desperation.

Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:51 pm 

MeanJustinBarlow wrote:
Now Loutuleli, Timmons, and Pryor, I have to think none of them would be that expensive.

Each one is not likely to be wanted by their current team. coul dbe some great depth to be had here by bringing these guys in as reserves. It creates reat draft flexibility, and I am going to go out on a limb here and say we dont need to create anymore than $8M this year in cap space to grab ANY of them... If we restructure Ben and brown on top of Tuitt and DeCastro, we will have enough to sign Bell, draft picks, and these 4 players.

I say no to all 3:

With Star, it's simply a result of having way too much money invested in the D-Line. Over 17% of total cap space is already locked up in Heyward, Tuitt, Alualu, Hargrave, and LT. Star would command at least $5m/year on the open market.

Pryor is a one-year wonder at WR, and that position is pretty far down the list of needs. It's a risky signing at a position where we don't really need to take one

I can't see Miami releasing Timmons. He counts $8.25m against the cap in 2018, and releasing him would still result in a Cap hit of $7.25m. They save almost nothing by cutting him, and there's no way i trade to get him at over $8m/yr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:14 pm 

Pabst wrote:
MeanJustinBarlow wrote:

I say no to all 3:

With Star, it's simply a result of having way too much money invested in the D-Line. Over 17% of total cap space is already locked up in Heyward, Tuitt, Alualu, Hargrave, and LT. Star would command at least $5m/year on the open market.

Pryor is a one-year wonder at WR, and that position is pretty far down the list of needs. It's a risky signing at a position where we don't really need to take one

I can't see Miami releasing Timmons. He counts $8.25m against the cap in 2018, and releasing him would still result in a Cap hit of $7.25m. They save almost nothing by cutting him, and there's no way i trade to get him at over $8m/yr

Timmons has voided his guaranteed money because of his suspension

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thephi ... suspension

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:21 pm 

I wonder how likely a Timdong return really is?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:30 pm 

Lynch wrote:

3.289%

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:59 pm 

I'll never understand the obsession with Pryor.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Lynch wrote:

3.289%

That must be one hell of a probability model.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:50 am 

Miter Saw wrote:
I'll never understand the obsession with Pryor.

Im not saying we give him a $50M contract for fuck sake! He can probably come for Heyward Bey money now. Why not take the flyer?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:32 am 

Sounds like Manny Sanders is leaving DEN if they sign a QB... could put the band back together.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:05 pm 

No on sanders. We dont need "clank"