It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mark Madden on Steelers Clubhouse
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 10004
Ice wrote:
If you get rid of Tomlin, the next guy will have to win with his guys, too.


That's an upgrade - I'll take it because Tomlin isn't winning with "his guys".

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Madden on Steelers Clubhouse
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 3839
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Kodiak wrote:
Ice wrote:
If you get rid of Tomlin, the next guy will have to win with his guys, too.


That's an upgrade - I'll take it because Tomlin isn't winning with "his guys".


Happens to just about every coach eventually, I suppose. Not sure if this is the time, but it always happens eventually.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Madden on Steelers Clubhouse
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4024
FC wrote:
Quote:
Why isn't it Colbert's team?


Image

If anyone listened closely to the Where Art2 Thou interviews he conducted with most of the media last week (except Madden), he mentioned in more than one interview that he talks with Tomlin and Colbert DAILY.

I think a lot of people on this site think Colbert and or Tomlin run this show while Where Art2 Thou sits in his little box like a good little owner. I am guessing that’s very wrong and if we all had a peak into this organization, we would all be blown away by how much football influence Pass Down Artie really has.

He seems like a kind, patient, humble and loyal man - no doubt a good man, and I am certain I have been over the top in criticizing him as much as I do. I can only blame those moments on frustration and envy.

But I believe there is a balance needed on this team and Art2 is off-kilter. I don’t think he thinks this way, but he has a max 3 year window with Ben. I just wish the man would get out his comfort zone and try to win now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Madden on Steelers Clubhouse
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 3541
Suwanee88 wrote:
FC wrote:
Quote:
Why isn't it Colbert's team?


Image

If anyone listened closely to the Where Art2 Thou interviews he conducted with most of the media last week (except Madden), he mentioned in more than one interview that he talks with Tomlin and Colbert DAILY.

I think a lot of people on this site think Colbert and or Tomlin run this show while Where Art2 Thou sits in his little box like a good little owner. I am guessing that’s very wrong and if we all had a peak into this organization, we would all be blown away by how much football influence Pass Down Artie really has.

He seems like a kind, patient, humble and loyal man - no doubt a good man, and I am certain I have been over the top in criticizing him as much as I do. I can only blame those moments on frustration and envy.

But I believe there is a balance needed on this team and Art2 is off-kilter. I don’t think he thinks this way, but he has a max 3 year window with Ben. I just wish the man would get out his comfort zone and try to win now.


He'd make a great baseball commissioner, huh?

_________________
Because Tomlin.
Team STD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Madden on Steelers Clubhouse
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22145
You don’t think Dan Rooney spoke daily with his GMs and coaches?

That’s reading quite a lot into one statement.

I don’t the issue is over-involvement from Art II.

I think the issue is a stale point of view in the football minds of the team.

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Madden on Steelers Clubhouse
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 3541
Jeemie wrote:
You don’t think Dan Rooney spoke daily with his GMs and coaches?

That’s reading quite a lot into one statement.

I don’t the issue is over-involvement from Art II.

I think the issue is a stale point of view in the football minds of the team.


88 has it in for Art II like he does MLB.

_________________
Because Tomlin.
Team STD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Madden on Steelers Clubhouse
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22145
Obviously wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
You don’t think Dan Rooney spoke daily with his GMs and coaches?

That’s reading quite a lot into one statement.

I don’t the issue is over-involvement from Art II.

I think the issue is a stale point of view in the football minds of the team.


88 has it in for Art II like he does MLB.


I’m not fond of Art II either simply because I don’t think he knows what he doesn’t know, plus I think he cares way too much what the Shadyside Bistro crowd thinks of his team’s image.

But I’m not going to read more into him speaking with GM and coach every day other than that he speaks with GM and coach every day.

Who is MLB? Bryant?

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Madden on Steelers Clubhouse
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6256
Jeemie wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
You don’t think Dan Rooney spoke daily with his GMs and coaches?

That’s reading quite a lot into one statement.

I don’t the issue is over-involvement from Art II.

I think the issue is a stale point of view in the football minds of the team.


88 has it in for Art II like he does MLB.


I’m not fond of Art II either simply because I don’t think he knows what he doesn’t know, plus I think he cares way too much what the Shadyside Bistro crowd thinks of his team’s image.

But I’m not going to read more into him speaking with GM and coach every day other than that he speaks with GM and coach every day.

Who is MLB? Bryant?

Major League Baseball

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Madden on Steelers Clubhouse
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4024
Jeemie wrote:
You don’t think Dan Rooney spoke daily with his GMs and coaches?

That’s reading quite a lot into one statement.

I don’t the issue is over-involvement from Art II.

I think the issue is a stale point of view in the football minds of the team.

Huh? I am saying they probably talk a lot and that he is involved in more football team decisions than many realize. If you like a conservative approach than Art2 is your guy. Stale is an understatement- he needs to think out of the box.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mark Madden on Steelers Clubhouse
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4024
Obviously wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
You don’t think Dan Rooney spoke daily with his GMs and coaches?

That’s reading quite a lot into one statement.

I don’t the issue is over-involvement from Art II.

I think the issue is a stale point of view in the football minds of the team.


88 has it in for Art II like he does MLB.

Fair statement


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], R S and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group