It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mark Madden on Steelers Clubhouse
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:01 pm 

wow, comparing Tomlin - who hasn't done shit in the postseason without Cowher coaches and players - to Belicheat?!? Seriously?!?

The only difference between Tomlin and Barry Switzer is the players like the country club atmosphere. Oh, and Jerry Jones didn't need 12 years to figure out he needed to fire Barry.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:08 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
wow, comparing Tomlin - who hasn't done shit in the postseason without Cowher coaches and players - to Belicheat?!? Seriously?!?

The only difference between Tomlin and Barry Switzer is the players like the country club atmosphere. Oh, and Jerry Jones didn't need 12 years to figure out he needed to fire Barry.

Ever since Cowher's defense got old in 2011 Tomlin is nothing more than Andy Reid without the belly. It's about that fucking simple. Yeah some good regular seasons to appease the apologists but when the playoffs roll around you know a curb stomping is around the corner(Andy never had a QB like Ben but I digress)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:40 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
redmanrumbles wrote:
Now you can show me a year where Belichek had a SB squad that didn't make the playoffs the following year like MT did in 2009(unleash hell baby).

Did you hibernate through 2002?

So you wanna scope it 2001-2009 and tell me how anything on MT's resume compares. Didn't know Tomlin had fans such as your self at Fury. Reading your posts I'd say you are in Lolley/Wexell territory as far as your affinity for MT.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:02 pm 

Scunge wrote:
I agree with B2B, too much Tomlin hatred right now, it is blinding people.

Blount, Bell did not need someone who would help get him in trouble off the field, and we did not need a player on the field who would just give up and pout if not given the ball. Fans criticize Tomlin for just cutting Blount, was he not supposed to do that? Was he supposed to just let that linger and fester all season long?

James Harrison. If you are not going to mentor and coach up your younger teammates like Willie Gay did this year with Mike Hilton, then fuck you! Was Tomlin supposed to just put up with that? Seems to me that Tomlin got rid of a cancer in the clubhouse, got rid of a terrible influence in the locker room. Again, many of you criticize Tomlin for being soft yet didn't he take a hard stance against James?

No. Fraudlin was supposed to have his head out of his ass. But he didn't. He was too busy running the wheels off of Bell to the players detriment. That caused the entire issue with Blount. So you remember that genius move which you are so transparently attempting to ignore? Remember how Fraudlin still does the same thing? Remember the sheer genius of needing to start a street FA RB in the post-season?

As for James, at this point I think it's bullshit to buy into the narrative. Again, it's a shit sandwich painstakingly assembled by Fraudlin through his soon to be patented method of mismanaging the roster.

So no, I am not buying into your lame attempt at white washing Fraudlin.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:23 pm 

redmanrumbles wrote:
In 2010 he lost to the Packers when we had a nearly 10% advantage in TEAM DVOA.

People really need to stop using this stat.

it's meaningless because it doesn't accurately reflect where both teams were when Super Bowl XLV rolled around.

The Packers had two huge mismatches working in their favor.

Aaron Rodgers and his receiving corps v our defensive backfield.

Green Bay's defensive front v our weakened O-line (which had Legursky at center and IIRC, we lost Flozell Adams in the game too).

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:35 pm 

You know what lets just not put the name Bellichek and Tomlin in the same sentence anymore, that is just downright embarassing, and laughable.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:46 pm 

StillMadAtSlobber wrote:
Scunge wrote:

Blount, Bell did not need someone who would help get him in trouble off the field, and we did not need a player on the field who would just give up and pout if not given the ball. Fans criticize Tomlin for just cutting Blount, was he not supposed to do that? Was he supposed to just let that linger and fester all season long?

James Harrison. If you are not going to mentor and coach up your younger teammates like Willie Gay did this year with Mike Hilton, then fuck you! Was Tomlin supposed to just put up with that? Seems to me that Tomlin got rid of a cancer in the clubhouse, got rid of a terrible influence in the locker room. Again, many of you criticize Tomlin for being soft yet didn't he take a hard stance against James?

No. Fraudlin was supposed to have his head out of his ass. But he didn't. He was too busy running the wheels off of Bell to the players detriment. That caused the entire issue with Blount. So you remember that genius move which you are so transparently attempting to ignore? Remember how Fraudlin still does the same thing? Remember the sheer genius of needing to start a street FA RB in the post-season?

As for James, at this point I think it's bullshit to buy into the narrative. Again, it's a shit sandwich painstakingly assembled by Fraudlin through his soon to be patented method of mismanaging the roster.

I like that my name for Tomlin is sticking. Fraudlin.

Also, good post. What was that guy’s name we started when Bell went down? I had forgotten about that disaster.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:59 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
StillMadAtSlobber wrote:
Scunge wrote:

I like that my name for Tomlin is sticking. Fraudlin.

Also, good post. What was that guy’s name we started when Bell went down? I had forgotten about that disaster.

Ben fkn Tate...wasnt that ryan mallet we lost to? So the scorecard shows, Tebow,Mallet and Bortles. And supposedly Fraudlin is some sort of defensive guru.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:06 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
redmanrumbles wrote:
In 2010 he lost to the Packers when we had a nearly 10% advantage in TEAM DVOA.

People really need to stop using this stat.

it's meaningless because it doesn't accurately reflect where both teams were when Super Bowl XLV rolled around.

The Packers had two huge mismatches working in their favor.

Aaron Rodgers and his receiving corps v our defensive backfield.

Green Bay's defensive front v our weakened O-line (which had Legursky at center and IIRC, we lost Flozell Adams in the game too).

The bottom line is Tomlin hasn't done jackshit in the playoffs since that elite defense he inherited turned old, slow and one. A "defensive guru" who doesn't look any closer to rebuilding this defense than he did 4 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:09 pm 

Greek - I’m pretty sure Flacco was back for the the playoff game, though Mallet beat us earlier that year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next