It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryor
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:44 pm
Posts: 105
Boston is the only one you bring in as a starter. Lets say on a 5 year $40M deal with 8-10 guaranteed. Give him vet minimium in year 1 and you have a cap hit lower than the savings you get from cutting Mitchell.

That outta silence the "we cant afford it" crowd for that one.

Now Loutuleli, Timmons, and Pryor, I have to think none of them would be that expensive.

Each one is not likely to be wanted by their current team. coul dbe some great depth to be had here by bringing these guys in as reserves. It creates reat draft flexibility, and I am going to go out on a limb here and say we dont need to create anymore than $8M this year in cap space to grab ANY of them... If we restructure Ben and brown on top of Tuitt and DeCastro, we will have enough to sign Bell, draft picks, and these 4 players.

I think it gives us great stability going into the draft to still take players at these positions, but without nearly the same desperation.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1769
MeanJustinBarlow wrote:
Now Loutuleli, Timmons, and Pryor, I have to think none of them would be that expensive.

Each one is not likely to be wanted by their current team. coul dbe some great depth to be had here by bringing these guys in as reserves. It creates reat draft flexibility, and I am going to go out on a limb here and say we dont need to create anymore than $8M this year in cap space to grab ANY of them... If we restructure Ben and brown on top of Tuitt and DeCastro, we will have enough to sign Bell, draft picks, and these 4 players.


I say no to all 3:

With Star, it's simply a result of having way too much money invested in the D-Line. Over 17% of total cap space is already locked up in Heyward, Tuitt, Alualu, Hargrave, and LT. Star would command at least $5m/year on the open market.

Pryor is a one-year wonder at WR, and that position is pretty far down the list of needs. It's a risky signing at a position where we don't really need to take one

I can't see Miami releasing Timmons. He counts $8.25m against the cap in 2018, and releasing him would still result in a Cap hit of $7.25m. They save almost nothing by cutting him, and there's no way i trade to get him at over $8m/yr

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:44 pm
Posts: 105
Pabst wrote:
MeanJustinBarlow wrote:
Now Loutuleli, Timmons, and Pryor, I have to think none of them would be that expensive.

Each one is not likely to be wanted by their current team. coul dbe some great depth to be had here by bringing these guys in as reserves. It creates reat draft flexibility, and I am going to go out on a limb here and say we dont need to create anymore than $8M this year in cap space to grab ANY of them... If we restructure Ben and brown on top of Tuitt and DeCastro, we will have enough to sign Bell, draft picks, and these 4 players.


I say no to all 3:

With Star, it's simply a result of having way too much money invested in the D-Line. Over 17% of total cap space is already locked up in Heyward, Tuitt, Alualu, Hargrave, and LT. Star would command at least $5m/year on the open market.

Pryor is a one-year wonder at WR, and that position is pretty far down the list of needs. It's a risky signing at a position where we don't really need to take one

I can't see Miami releasing Timmons. He counts $8.25m against the cap in 2018, and releasing him would still result in a Cap hit of $7.25m. They save almost nothing by cutting him, and there's no way i trade to get him at over $8m/yr


Timmons has voided his guaranteed money because of his suspension

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thephi ... suspension

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
I wonder how likely a Timdong return really is?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6969
Lynch wrote:
I wonder how likely a Timdong return really is?


3.289%

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 1115
I'll never understand the obsession with Pryor.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
BarryFoster wrote:
Lynch wrote:
I wonder how likely a Timdong return really is?


3.289%


That must be one hell of a probability model.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:44 pm
Posts: 105
Miter Saw wrote:
I'll never understand the obsession with Pryor.


Im not saying we give him a $50M contract for fuck sake! He can probably come for Heyward Bey money now. Why not take the flyer?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16809
Sounds like Manny Sanders is leaving DEN if they sign a QB... could put the band back together.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 148
No on sanders. We dont need "clank"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16809
DocSteel wrote:
No on sanders. We dont need "clank"

Guy was 13th in the NFL receiving yards per game and averaged 5-6 TDs per year in DEN, with about one year of decent QB play.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1595
bradshaw2ben wrote:
DocSteel wrote:
No on sanders. We dont need "clank"

Guy was 13th in the NFL receiving yards per game and averaged 5-6 TDs per year in DEN, with about one year of decent QB play.

While I was one of the few that always stated Sanders was a better player than his time here showed, he certainly balled out in Denver. B2B, who would he replace here? Rogers? At what cost?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16809
I don't know that the Steelers would consider adding a high priced FA WR, but it wouldn't be the most far-fetched, especially now that Haley is gone-- really pigeonholed Sanders.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
I'm thinking we already have JuJu and Bryant, so how and why would we sign Sanders as a #4?

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14242
Perhaps sign Sanders after trading Bryant to the skins for SS Cravens? :geek:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1595
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I don't know that the Steelers would consider adding a high priced FA WR, but it wouldn't be the most far-fetched, especially now that Haley is gone-- really pigeonholed Sanders.

Bang for buck....I like Bruce Ellington (KR too) or Kendall Wright in the slot/#4. I think either would be an upgrade over bELIeve.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1123
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I don't know that the Steelers would consider adding a high priced FA WR, but it wouldn't be the most far-fetched, especially now that Haley is gone-- really pigeonholed Sanders.


There was that whole thing about him questioning Bens leadership skills his first year in Denver. Bygones might be bygones or it might be a nah on bringing him back.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2144507-emmanuel-sanders-comments-on-playing-with-peyton-manning-vs-ben-roethlisberger

_________________
No matter what anyone says, no matter the excuse or explanation, whatever a person does, in the end, is what he intended to do all along- Cus D'Amato


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
DocSteel wrote:
No on sanders. We dont need "clank"


He'd make a heck of a pairing with Lumbering Limas Benjamin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 6497
Location: Rhode Island (behind enemy lines)
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Sounds like Manny Sanders is leaving DEN if they sign a QB... could put the band back together.


I've never really understood your love for him. He's been a "Steady Eddie" at best for Denver. When he was with the Steelers, he dropped many key passes that would have either won games or put them in position to win games.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:54 pm
Posts: 4232
Go back and watch our D during the Jags game....then tell me you want to spend $$ on offense.

I wouldn't put a penny towards the offense unless it is a RB to replace Bell or a TE.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4634
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I don't know that the Steelers would consider adding a high priced FA WR, but it wouldn't be the most far-fetched, especially now that Haley is gone-- really pigeonholed Sanders.


Right, so it was Haley's fault he dropped all those passes.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:46 pm
Posts: 1408
#1 target in FA should be ILB Avery Williamson from the Titans. Not going to be able to address all of their needs in the draft, going to need at least one decent FA signing. Williamson runs well, excellent tackler, and is still young. Don't think he is going to break the bank, and he fills a huge need. Very productive 4 years with the Titans.


DEFENSIVE STATS
YEAR G TOTAL TKL AST SACKS
2014 16 79 51.0 28 3
2015 15 102 63.0 39 3.5
2016 16 104 73.0 31 2
2017 16 92 52.0 40 3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1123
franco32 wrote:
Go back and watch our D during the Jags game....then tell me you want to spend $$ on offense.

I wouldn't put a penny towards the offense unless it is a RB to replace Bell or a TE.


Yeah, I was thinking about this last night. This offense put up 45 points on the best defense in the league- yet couldn't stop their one-dimensional offense with a sub-par QB on defense. Unless Sanders can magically prevent a strip sack and an INT- then he doesn't add enough to this offense that is overflowing with talent. If they get McDonald back its going to be crowded in the middle third of the field. And isnt JuJu what we wanted in Sanders only younger and hungrier?

Sanders is at this stage of his career that he has worked under 2 HOF QBs-- he could help a young good QB understand some of the nuances to make them great. I see him going to a place like Houston or Chicago- fit and money.

_________________
No matter what anyone says, no matter the excuse or explanation, whatever a person does, in the end, is what he intended to do all along- Cus D'Amato


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16809
Obviously wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I don't know that the Steelers would consider adding a high priced FA WR, but it wouldn't be the most far-fetched, especially now that Haley is gone-- really pigeonholed Sanders.


Right, so it was Haley's fault he dropped all those passes.

He has always had a lower than average drop rate in his career. It’s only here st steelerfury that it’s an alternate universe where he’s a JAG.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cap Estimate: Tre Boston, Timmons, Loutuleli, and T Pryo
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16809
JackLambert58 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Sounds like Manny Sanders is leaving DEN if they sign a QB... could put the band back together.


I've never really understood your love for him. He's been a "Steady Eddie" at best for Denver. When he was with the Steelers, he dropped many key passes that would have either won games or put them in position to win games.

He’s a steady Eddie who can beat man coverage and has about top 15-20 production the last 4 year, playing with shitty QBs. Never said he was AB.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: R S, steelmann58, SteelThrillsseeker, Stillcajun, stillthere and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group