It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: MBC Goes Radio Silent on Raiders
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:56 am 

Jeemie wrote:
I will agree with you that I hope if Brown and Bell act up in Oakland and New York, people here aren't constantly posting about it.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:00 am 

KC wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
I will agree with you that I hope if Brown and Bell act up in Oakland and New York, people here aren't constantly posting about it.

I know it's a futile wish...but I honestly don't give a shit about what happens to former Steelers when they leave for other teams.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:22 am 

If we can proclaim our schadenfreude for when hated teams like the Patriots and Ravens lose, why can't we proclaim our schadenfreude when shitbag players fail who left the Steelers after taking a hot, steaming dump on the team and their fans?

#FreeSTD
#Obviously

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:01 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
955876 wrote:
What’s your end game here Swiss? What grand point aside from the simple and obvious fact that on paper the talent isn’t as good?

You are coming off that as long as you produce you should be given all the special privileges and coddling as you desire regardless of anything else.

You also keep glossing over the near mutiny thy was to occur if Tomlin allowed AB to suit up after going AWOL.

YA, that is definitely a team ready & capable of winning a championship.

You are looking at AB’s stats in a vacuum.

It’s also coming across very jilted lover with some hero worship mixed in.

AB did this to himself for his own selfish reasons. Aside from coddling this fragile c*nt even more what the hell could the Steelers have done?

And you asshats come across like 'hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.' Hateful, vengeful juveniles turned down at the school dance, drudging up all the dirt you can, even if a lot of it is bullshit

Aren't you the one who gets all wet when someone mentions the name Santonio Holmes and defends him to no end?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:45 am 

Is it a coincidence that the two names are almost identical? Just triggered the Santonio PTSD.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:03 am 

Jeemie wrote:
KC wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

I know it's a futile wish...but I honestly don't give a shit about what happens to former Steelers when they leave for other teams.

The way those 2 went out I am the complete opposite. Not sure if I will post about it much, but I will be enjoying their hopeful downfall!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:53 am 

Hinestuff wrote:
The way those 2 went out I am the complete opposite. Not sure if I will post about it much, but I will be enjoying their hopeful downfall!

Maybe I will for Bell just because of how stupid he was, but I'm actually a tad worried about Antonio Brown. I think he has a head injury we don't know about and I wish he'd get it checked out.

Maybe happened when Burfict cleaned his clock?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:42 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Aren't you the one who gets into a full lather when someone mentions the name Santonio Holmes and defends him to no end?

Fixed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:58 pm 

I wish I could unsee that picture...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:38 pm 

Oh dear gawd... :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:57 pm 

What even drives a person to go find something like that... party foul :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:02 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Hinestuff wrote:

Maybe I will for Bell just because of how stupid he was, but I'm actually a tad worried about Antonio Brown. I think he has a head injury we don't know about and I wish he'd get it checked out.

Maybe happened when Burfict cleaned his clock?
I'd like to see both of them spiral into nothing. The more AB acts like an idjit, the better. And I'm not sure it was the burfict hit that causes his idiocy. He already had a history of acting like a wacko before that. I think this is an act. Be outrageous. It popular nowadays. Although the cryotherapy is just dumb.

As for bell? They are gonna run the wheels off him. The jets don't really have much, and a very, very young qb. It's going to be hand off to bell, check down to bell, send bell in the slot. He will be their offense, but I'm guessing he'll get hurt with all those carries and targets.

And as far as losing talent? The steelers did jack shit with both bell and brown. No championships, so talent on paper means little to nothing. How many teams were average on paper but won a championship? It's a good starting point, but in the end neither one of those guys came up clutch to win a SB. I realize they were injured for key games, but how is it Bell doesn't tell his coaches he pulled a groin, and just decides he'll try playing through it? That's a bonehead move, and it actually hurt the steelers, so his paper talent is just that. A piece of paper.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:13 pm 

Obviously wrote:
If we can proclaim our schadenfreude for when hated teams like the Patriots and Ravens lose, why can't we proclaim our schadenfreude when shitbag players fail who left the Steelers after taking a hot, steaming dump on the team and their fans?

I have less of a problem with Bell. He is a dumbass who listened to a idiot of an agent and in the process lost millions of dollars that he will never get back. He never really said anything negative that I can remember.

MBC on the other hand shit all over teammates and the Steelers in general and is showing what a complete douchebag he is out in Oakland. Fuck him and you just know this idiot is going to cause a shit storm the first time his stat line is 2 catches for 18 yards and 0 TDs. I'll be there to laugh at this asshole.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:18 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
Obviously wrote:

I have less of a problem with Bell. He is a dumbass who listened to a idiot of an agent and in the process lost millions of dollars that he will never get back. He never really said anything negative that I can remember.

MBC on the other hand shit all over teammates and the Steelers in general and is showing what a complete douchebag he is out in Oakland. Fuck him and you just know this idiot is going to cause a shit storm the first time his stat line is 2 catches for 18 yards and 0 TDs. I'll be there to laugh at this asshole.
When bell was interviewed after the trade, he said they made him feel welcomed. And it was like family, and felt like he belonged - treated him like an equal. The coach anyways. Then kinda nodded his head when asked if he didn't get the same feeling in PGH. IOW, he wasn't treated right. It was the same/ similar argument AB had, only less abrasive and apparent.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:23 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Bell had some less than complimentary things to say just a few months ago in that interview when he was telling us how bad of a teammate Ben was etc. He could of just talked about his future or how happy he was to be free from the oppression of the Steelers but that was not enough. He is also an idiot for listening to his agent and not getting that money when he had it but thank god his agent was helping out the Steelers after all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:27 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Aren't you the one who gets into a full lather when someone mentions the name Santonio Holmes and defends him to no end?

Fixed

A new meaning to "slop and slather"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:51 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
955876 wrote:
What’s your end game here Swiss? What grand point aside from the simple and obvious fact that on paper the talent isn’t as good?

You are coming off that as long as you produce you should be given all the special privileges and coddling as you desire regardless of anything else.

You also keep glossing over the near mutiny thy was to occur if Tomlin allowed AB to suit up after going AWOL.

AB did this to himself for his own selfish reasons. Aside from coddling this fragile c*nt even more what the hell could the Steelers have done?

And you asshats come across like 'hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.' Hateful, vengeful juveniles turned down at the school dance, drudging up all the dirt you can, even if a lot of it is bullshit

I've made the same argument consistently, incessantly, ad fuckin nauseum. A team doesn't lose this level of productivity, coached by the same dumbfuck, and come out of it for the better.

a) Still early days, but there appears to be talent there so that it may very well be possible to replace Brown's and Bell's production- might take several players to do it, but combined they are all cheaper than Bell and Brown were. And other teams have shown the committee approach works just as well, if not better, than the star approach.

b) Additionally, early days, but Devin Bush may very well be the real deal and the linebacking corps in general looks improved. The jury is out on the secondary but let's see what happens when the starters actually play. But the defense has the chance to be better.

c) Yes Dumbfuck still coaches. However it has been said that a head coach is only as good as the assistants...and Dumbfuck has hired some assistants that have reputations for being smart and good teachers. They may well offset his dumfuckedness (although that challenge Friday night- YIKES!).

d) Additionally, I think Dumbfuck's seat IS warm...I saw an intensity in Friday night's game I haven't seen in a Steelers' preseason game in some time...and all reports are training camp has been the same way. They seem to be paying attention to the things that sunk their season last year. My problem with Tomlin hasn't really been his dumbfuckedness...it's been what I have perceived to be his lack of intensity and extreme stubbornness over the past few years...a lack of willingness to learn from mistakes that I attributed to his seat being "safer than the Pope's". Early on in his career, he was still a dumbfuck but he also was putting in the effort to improve and correct mistakes his team made. If that Tomlin is back...that's a good thing.

Now it's been training camp and one preseason game...obviously all these points may be complete bullshit.

But that was the counterargument people were making to you Swiss. Almost everyone agreed that on paper Brown and Bell would be hard to replace (well, Brown...we have already replaced Bell for all intents and purposes, and while there were growing pains in 2018...signs point to Connor and Samuels being able to replace him with little dropoff).

It's just that instead of wallowing...which was the choice you decided to make...people tried to sketch out ways the Steelers could make themselves better without Brown (and Bell). And for some reason you wanted to shit all over that.

They're gone- I personally don't care anymore. I'm done with them.

The flautist with more words of advice.

Perhaps when we generate the glossary of Steelerfury terminology, along with SBI, asshats, dumbfuckery, etc., we can also add one for "shitting all over" a thread. Listen, Mr. Wind Instrument, and this may be instructive for the assembled asshattery within.

When Antonio Brown departed for the Oakland Raiders, my stance was a response to dumbfuck saying that the Steelers would be better off without him because....Ben would have a chip on his shoulder, or equally stupid reasoning.

From the outset, my position has been simply that one does not dump legendary productivity, keep a dullard as Head Coach, and expect to be better.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:24 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

Perhaps when we generate the glossary of Steelerfury terminology, along with SBI, asshats, dumbfuckery, etc., we can also add one for "shitting all over" a thread. Listen, Mr. Wind Instrument, and this may be instructive for the assembled asshattery within.

When Antonio Brown departed for the Oakland Raiders, my stance was a response to dumbfuck saying that the Steelers would be better off without him because....Ben would have a chip on his shoulder, or equally stupid reasoning.

From the outset, my position has been simply that one does not dump legendary productivity, keep a dullard as Head Coach, and expect to be better.

3 things:

1) We didn't make the playoffs with MC Hammer Jr future CTE poster child/locker room cancer on the squad.

2) We have a QB that has won 2 rings and the RINGLESS MC Hammer Jr future CTE poster child wasn't a part of either of those teams.

3) Our defense and running games are both expected to be much improved from last season. We also have more than enough talent at WR to win without the furniture throwing, baby mama abusing turd.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:43 pm 

I just would like to point out that the questions Gruden gets asked in press conferences gives me the feeling that Tomlin was a maestro for keeping the lid on the AB pot for as long as he did. Gruden is at a loss for words and is essentially being emasculated by AB right in front of our eyes for all the world to see.

Kudos to Mike Tomlin for being a Dutch Boy octopus. The future AB soap opera will paint MT and the PS FO in a pretty good light is my prediction.

And Swiss you still think SH was the real 43 MVP and I will go to grave knowing that 7 got rooked. You lose points for your adamant defense of SH as MVP.

We will win the Super Bowl this year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:22 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
And then there was this. But Antonio Brown was the only guy wanted out for more money.

https://newsinteractive.post-gazette.co ... oe-greene/

Mean Joe admitted he was a child in his younger days and Noll was among the many figures who straightened him out (I'm not going to say him trying to get a bigger rookie contract is a sign of that, though. Players had pretty much no leverage back then. He knew he had leverage...he was going to be a cornerstone player for a shitty franchise trying to rebuild. Kudos to him and his agent for recognizing that).

The difference is Greene started as a manchild and grew out of it. You know- like pretty much all of us?

Brown's arc seems to be trending in the opposite direction.

Actually, Jeems, Noll let Mean Joe do whatever the fuck he wanted to do.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:30 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
955876 wrote:

Aren't you the one who gets all wet when someone mentions the name Santonio Holmes and defends him to no end?

I say that as Steeler fans, we should all be forever indebted to Santonio Holmes, and that one of the worst personnel moves in Steeler history was trading him for a bucket of mud when he was entering his contract year.

Anyone doesn't think so is a fuckin' idiot...but that sort of describes you to a tee, Donnie.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:45 pm 

Might have won another SB had Deuce not traded Holmes. Especially heading into a contract year.

Needed him against GB.

Have always agreed with Swiss on this one.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:50 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
I just would like to point out that the questions Gruden gets asked in press conferences gives me the feeling that Tomlin was a maestro for keeping the lid on the AB pot for as long as he did. Gruden is at a loss for words and is essentially being emasculated by AB right in front of our eyes for all the world to see.

Kudos to Mike Tomlin for being a Dutch Boy octopus. The future AB soap opera will paint MT and the PS FO in a pretty good light is my prediction.

And Swiss you still think SH was the real 43 MVP and I will go to grave knowing that 7 got rooked. You lose points for your adamant defense of SH as MVP.

We will win the Super Bowl this year.

I don't really get into MVP things, LakeCrest...so I've really never been adamant that Santonio should've gotten the award. I know this. It was a perfect fuckin' pass, perfect fuckin' catch that won that SB.

And as far as Holmes...he was a clutch mother-fucker, came up biggest when the lights were brightest, absolute Raven killer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:51 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
And then there was this. But Antonio Brown was the only guy wanted out for more money.

https://newsinteractive.post-gazette.co ... oe-greene/

Mean Joe admitted he was a child in his younger days and Noll was among the many figures who straightened him out (I'm not going to say him trying to get a bigger rookie contract is a sign of that, though. Players had pretty much no leverage back then. He knew he had leverage...he was going to be a cornerstone player for a shitty franchise trying to rebuild. Kudos to him and his agent for recognizing that).

The difference is Greene started as a manchild and grew out of it. You know- like pretty much all of us?

Brown's arc seems to be trending in the opposite direction.

Actually, Jeems, Noll let Mean Joe do whatever the fuck he wanted to do.

...and Greene helped Noll win 4 Super Bowls.

MC Hammer Jr future CTE poster boy is a me-first stat whore bitch who was upset after the New England win and happy as a pig in shit after the New Orleans loss.

Says everything anybody needs to know about this piece of shit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:00 pm 

KC wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

3 things:

1) We didn't make the playoffs with MC Hammer Jr future CTE poster child/locker room cancer on the squad.

2) We have a QB that has won 2 rings and the RINGLESS MC Hammer Jr future CTE poster child wasn't a part of either of those teams.

3) Our defense and running games are both expected to be much improved from last season. We also have more than enough talent at WR to win without the furniture throwing, baby mama abusing turd.

yeah, let's blame the guy who catches over 100 passes every year and puts up double digit TDs for the team's travails...idiotic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next