PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:55 pm 

Coming in August. Let the drama FLOW.

Post subject: Re: AB Gets His Wish...Raiders on Hard Knocks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:17 pm 

Damnit.

I might have to get HBO.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:29 pm 

OMG I cant wait!!! He is going to start off nice but there will be a meltdown or two no doubt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:13 am 

My money is on Burfict first, then Brown will get upset that Burfict has more HBO Go time then Brown does. Get the popcorn for this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:47 am 

I wouldn't be surprised if more Steelers fans than Raiders fans are watching each episode. Glad I didn't cancel HBO after Thrones.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:02 pm 

Ice wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if more Steelers fans than Raiders fans are watching each episode. Glad I didn't cancel HBO after Thrones.

This will be the first year I watch Hard Knocks.

We'll see the real AB. I imagine, at first, he'll try to put on that clean, marketable public image. But eventually he'll forget the cameras are there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:09 pm 

How long until Incognito tries to kill AB and Burfict?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:25 pm 

The show will be used to further AB’s “brand” in addition to serving as a vehicle to get additional digs at Ben and the Steelers.

My new QB is such a better leader.
My new offense suits me so much better.
These coaches know what the fuck they are doing.

Well, the last one likely true.

I think the show will be edited in a way to make AB look great and his decision to leave the Steelers justified.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:30 pm 

Steel Mike wrote:

As I get older, I find myself not really embracing conspiracy theories, but becoming much more cynical.

I think Gruden's big task is trying to create buzz and build/carry a fan base to Vegas (hence the 10-yr/$100M contract). Hard Knocks was almost a given for that plan. Then if you want to maximize ratings you couldn't do much better than bringing in both AB and Burfict.

Looks to me like what Gruden is doing is he's mostly blowing the team up so he can start with a clean slate, money and draft picks. Kind of like an expansion franchise. But you don't want to start from scratch with a fan base, so you bring in a couple of circus acts (appropriate for Vegas!) to generate buzz.

Will be very interesting to watch. I think the other unique thing about Vegas is you're liable to draw more fans of the away team because it's the ideal road strip. 150k visitors any given Sunday to draw from is interesting with respect to what is your franchise identity/perception going to be?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:53 pm 

IDK guys...I think it’s wishful thinking that AB is going to melt down on Hard Knocks. This is just another “reality show”, everything is going to be slanted to paint Brown as some heroic figure, which of course AB will be more than happy to play along with. The only thing he does better than play football, is play the good guy.
See this great player is really a great teammate too. What they did to him in Pittsburgh is a crime...poor tortured, misunderstood soul...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:02 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Steel Mike wrote:

As I get older, I find myself not really embracing conspiracy theories, but becoming much more cynical.

I think Gruden's big task is trying to create buzz and build/carry a fan base to Vegas (hence the 10-yr/$100M contract). Hard Knocks was almost a given for that plan. Then if you want to maximize ratings you couldn't do much better than bringing in both AB and Burfict.

Looks to me like what Gruden is doing is he's mostly blowing the team up so he can start with a clean slate, money and draft picks. Kind of like an expansion franchise. But you don't want to start from scratch with a fan base, so you bring in a couple of circus acts (appropriate for Vegas!) to generate buzz.

Will be very interesting to watch. I think the other unique thing about Vegas is you're liable to draw more fans of the away team because it's the ideal road strip. 150k visitors any given Sunday to draw from is interesting with respect to what is your franchise identity/perception going to be?

Quite insightful!

I would add that it’s not as much Gruden’s big task as the NFL’s. It’s a great new market/opportunity.
Also, always count on the Rooney’s to totally support the League agenda.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:08 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
IDK guys...I think it’s wishful thinking that AB is going to melt down on Hard Knocks. This is just another “reality show”, everything is going to be slanted to paint Brown as some heroic figure, which of course AB will be more than happy to play along with. The only thing he does better than play football, is play the good guy.
See this great player is really a great teammate too. What they did to him in Pittsburgh is a crime...poor tortured, misunderstood soul...

Fair point - even if there is a meltdown (could be AB, Burfict, Incognito or some other Raiduh jagoff), the producers get to decide how much to show and how to spin it. I truly believe that AB will get pissy at some point so it will be interesting to see whether the NFL is more interested in promoting his brand or if they want to show the drama that seems to percolate around him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:09 pm 

Rod & Wire Mill wrote:
I would add that it’s not as much Gruden’s big task as the NFL’s. It’s a great new market/opportunity.

I hadn't considered that. Half those visitors are international, so 8 games in Vegas might do more for expanding the brand internationally than a couple of games in Mexico and London each year. Although most of those international visitors are Asian, so I'm not sure if that's a plus or minus (but I never saw many Asians at Raiders games).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:13 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:

That script is played out, and not the drama that will bring in viewers.

Plus, AB is basically Ricky Jerret.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:38 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:

Ding ding.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:40 pm 

I can guarantee you the show will feature a clip early on with Burfict and Assclownio being all buddy buddy and hanging out laughing together. I could really give a shit though we all (mostly) know what a POS Assclownio has devolved into. I would be laughing my ass off if he gets lit up in practice though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:44 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
My money is on Burfict first, then Brown will get upset that Burfict has more HBO Go time then Brown does. Get the popcorn for this.

I never got the impression that Burfict was a locker room cancer. He was a completely moron, don't get me wrong. But I never got the feeling he was a locker room cancer. Unless there's something I'm missing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:54 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:

I never got the impression that Burfict was a locker room cancer. He was a completely moron, don't get me wrong. But I never got the feeling he was a locker room cancer. Unless there's something I'm missing.

I think the one coach who had less control of his locker room in the past 20 years was Marvin Lewis. I have read that more than one person was tired of Burfict's shit on the Bengals due to him getting so many 15 yard penalties and negating so many positive plays they made. Sounds a bit like Assclownio just saying fuck it celebration penalties are not a big deal since it is me getting them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:54 pm 

stillthere wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:

I think the one coach who had less control of his locker room in the past 20 years was Marvin Lewis. I have read that more than one person was tired of Burfict's shit on the Bengals due to him getting so many 15 yard penalties and negating so many positive plays they made. Sounds a bit like Assclownio just saying fuck it celebration penalties are not a big deal since it is me getting them.

I view that differently than the typical water jug throwing/teammate arguments and fights/throwing teammates under the bus/diva stuff, though.

He's definitely a moron and I have no doubt teammates were tired of him getting those dumb penalties. I just don't remember hearing anything about him fighting with coaches or teammates or anything like that. Maybe there's some intersection on the affect they have on a team between the two, but I still view them separately.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:13 pm 

This is the shit I'm talking about. WHY do you asshats give a shit about the Raiders on Hard Knocks and whether AB will melt down???

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:19 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
This is the shit I'm talking about. WHY do you asshats give a shit about the Raiders on Hard Knocks and whether AB will melt down???

Do you think the mental midget Fuckface will kill a Baby Mama live on TV by hitting her with furniture?

:lol:

Or will he just beat the fuck out of her like usual?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:29 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

Why do you wish former Steelers to break their fuckin' legs?

I can see AB got the exemption usually only reserved for those who helped the Steelers win a super bowl.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:37 pm 

In all honesty I give it 4 games before 84 loses his shit on David Skip it to me Carr

Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:39 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

I can see AB got the exemption usually only reserved for those who helped the Steelers win a super bowl.

Part of my emerging maturity, Poltargyst!! :lol: :lol:

Plus...I know that AB was a fuckin' asshole on his way out of town. But...I keep thinking back to that Christmas night game vs. the Ravens in '15 and AB selling out to win the North.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:42 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Part of my emerging maturity, Poltargyst!! :lol: :lol:

Plus...I know that AB was a fuckin' asshole on his way out of town. But...I keep thinking back to that Christmas night game vs. the Ravens in '15 and AB selling out to win the North.

No one is saying he wasn't great on the field. That was a great effort by him.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong