It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What Is Le’Veon Bell Worth?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:52 pm 

MMQB article. Pretty good read. Lengthy and really nothing new.

Polled executives and players. Basically they say he is a fool, but some team will be desperate and a fool will pay the fool.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/09/25/leveon-bell-contract-holdout-salary-pittsburgh-steelers-2019-free-agent

P.S. Forum software vendors, can you please update your fucking buttons for URL and YouTube so that there are some spaces between the brackets. How about try your software on a fucking iPhone and watch the screen dance all over the place when you try to land the cursor between the brackets! Fix it please!

Last edited by LakecrestSteeler on Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: What Is Le’Veon Bell Worth?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:58 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
P.S. Forum software developers, can you please update your fucking buttons for URL and YouTube so that there are some spaces between the brackets. How about try your software on a fucking iPhone and watch the screen dance all over the place when you try to land the cursor between the brackets! Fix it please!

This is a forum loosely maintained by some mods in their very rare spare time. There isn't a team of software engineers (or ANY software engineers, to my knowledge) sitting around making improvements.

I, however, AM a software engineer and from what I can tell, this is run on a pre-packaged forum software called phpBB (meaning the mods may not even have access to make such improvements even if they did have the time to do so).

So the only way to fulfill your rudely worded request would be to do a complete upgrade to a newer forum software, something no one probably has the time nor spare change to do.

a.k.a, folks do what they can, when they can and there's no reason to be an ass about it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:05 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
P.S. Forum software developers, can you please update your fucking buttons for URL and YouTube so that there are some spaces between the brackets. How about try your software on a fucking iPhone and watch the screen dance all over the place when you try to land the cursor between the brackets! Fix it please!

This is a forum loosely maintained by some mods in their very rare spare time. There isn't a team of software engineers (or ANY software engineers, to my knowledge) sitting around making improvements.

I, however, AM a software engineer and from what I can tell, this is run on a pre-packaged forum software called phpBB (meaning the mods may not even have access to make such improvements even if they did have the time to do so).

So the only way to fulfill your rudely worded request would be to do a complete upgrade to a newer forum software, something no one probably has the time nor spare change to do.

a.k.a, folks do what they can, when they can and there's no reason to be an ass about it.

Awesome reply

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:06 pm 

Exactly. Wait. GMs play it all cool now because they have winning records. Wait till November when they’re 3-7. Let their nuts roast in that hot seat a while. Accept at worst a 2nd.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:10 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:

This is well said, and, realistically, about 7.5 to 8 million in salary, and yeah, as mentioned in the thread last night, I'd take a high 4th round pick to get it over with.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:15 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:

Lipps I know that. I have looked into buying forum software for work. It was just a vent out into the world. All of the forum software is cookie cutter and suffers from the same annoyance. It was not directed at SteelerFury! I am pretty sure the YouTube delete s from https bug would be the first thing to be fixed if it was possible.

I thought my post was humorous...and imagined a bunch of Fury being directed at iphones and Fury Posters grumbling when they attempt to land the cursor between the two brackets. Try landing the cursor between the spaces on your iPhone and you will laugh as the screen moves around.

No offense intended. Changed to vendors instead of developers....words are important :)!

Also if it were to be fixed, then some other poster would be bitching about the extra spaces on either side of the link and the link not being dress right dress.

Last edited by LakecrestSteeler on Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:19 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
Exactly. Wait. GMs play it all cool now because they have winning records. Wait till November when they’re 3-7. Let their nuts roast in that hot seat a while. Accept at worst a 2nd.

Why would a team be more likely to sign Bell after they're like 3-6? The only team that will be interested in trading anything, plus $6M+ in cap space, for what amounts to a 1/3 year rental is a team hoping to make a deep playoff run.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:26 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:

Why would a team be more likely to sign Bell after they're like 3-6? The only team that will be interested in trading anything, plus $6M+ in cap space, for what amounts to a 1/3 year rental is a team hoping to make a deep playoff run.

Ok 3-7 might be hopeless. You want a team that still has a shot but also a decent track record of recent failure. An eccentric owner is gravy.

Some team or teams will make offers. Meanwhile Steelers don’t need to do anything. They’re already at their worst case and working through it to their credit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:30 pm 

Just to be clear the Steelers are emerging in the best position.

Their worst case scenario is bell not playing and piling up losses. They’re working through this and let’s hope get back up on their feet. No need to panic from Steelers perspective

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:39 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:

Their worst case scenario is bell not playing and piling up losses. They’re working through this and let’s hope get back up on their feet. No need to panic from Steelers perspective

I can't wait for Bell to rap about his new 3yr-$25M contract next year. Any chance of him doing better than PIT's last offer sailed when he decided to sit out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:14 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:

Lipps I know that. I have looked into buying forum software for work. It was just a vent out into the world. All of the forum software is cookie cutter and suffers from the same annoyance. It was not directed at SteelerFury! I am pretty sure the YouTube delete s from https bug would be the first thing to be fixed if it was possible.

I thought my post was humorous...and imagined a bunch of Fury being directed at iphones and Fury Posters grumbling when they attempt to land the cursor between the two brackets. Try landing the cursor between the spaces on your iPhone and you will laugh as the screen moves around.

No offense intended. Changed to vendors instead of developers....words are important :)!

Also if it were to be fixed, then some other poster would be bitching about the extra spaces on either side of the link and the link not being dress right dress.

If it helps, I read your post as being directed at the developers/vendors of the forum software/script/whatever. I did not take it as an affront to SteelerFury and I agree with your struggles in placing the cursor inside the tags.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:19 pm 

Quote:
What Is Le’Veon Bell Worth?
A six pack of warm coors light....and a pack of pall mall.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:35 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:

I can't wait for Bell to rap about his new 3yr-$25M contract next year. Any chance of him doing better than PIT's last offer sailed when he decided to sit out.

+1000% x infinity.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:59 pm 

Also, Not sure how many teams out there want to bring in a guy to save the season or help with a playoff run...

By bringing in a guy who in a likley hood will be playing 80% effort, playing not to get hurt.
With a good chance of hitting the shelf with phantom hammy or groin injury to close the season

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:23 pm 

He is worth less now than he was when he turned down the Steelers' offer to make him the highest paid back in the league.

He will be worth even less week 10.

He will be worth even less when he hits the open market.

He will be worth nothing when he fails his physical AND his drug test.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:35 pm 

If I were a GM of a team, I wouldn't offer him anything more than 11-12 million per year. He's not as good as Gurley at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:40 pm 

Even less so if he comes back in Bettis shape.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:54 pm 

alancac98 wrote:
If I were a GM of a team, I wouldn't offer him anything more than 11-12 million per year. He's not as good as Gurley at this point.

but if he gets $36M guaranteed, he'll crow that he was right and the Steelers were only willing to pay him less than 1/3 of that. /logic/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:02 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
alancac98 wrote:

but if he gets $36M guaranteed, he'll crow that he was right and the Steelers were only willing to pay him less than 1/3 of that. /logic/

And the Steelers for as much flack as is bestowed upon the front office would have made the correct move.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:40 pm 

Ice wrote:
Even less so if he comes back in Bettis shape.

You mean...”in the best shape of his life” shape? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:48 pm 

stillthere wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
alancac98 wrote:

And the Steelers for as much flack as is bestowed upon the front office would have made the correct move.

But it's also a gamble for him. Steelers offered him 5/70 and he talked at it. If a team gave him only 11/year and the contract was for five years, that's only a total value of 55 mill. He could potentially lose 15 mill in the transaction. If they gaurentee 36 mill, it won't be all up front. The 36 mill will be over at least a couple years. Not sure how many teams would be willing to gaurentee 36 mill right out of the gate considering he has already had a couple knee injuries. If he's only looking at the gaurentee money, then just offer him 5 years for 40 mill and gaurentee it. As a team, you take the game he is not going to be maimed in the first few years.

Right now, lev sees the Donald and Mack deals and wants what they got. He is now thinking 5/110 mill with 80 mill gaurenteed! He's that much of a narcissistic idiot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:26 pm 

You're also forgetting that the next time he pisses hot he's out for a year. When you're talking guaranteed money, that's gonna figure into the conversation.

I'm saying, about tree fiddy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:10 pm 

Ice wrote:
You're also forgetting that the next time he pisses hot he's out for a year. When you're talking guaranteed money, that's gonna figure into the conversation.

Actually, that's not accurate.

Part of his settlement with the NFL going into the 2016 season was that his suspension was reduced from 4 to 3 games and he stayed at his current level in the substance abuse program. So if he failed a test tomorrow he would still only be suspended 4 games. If he failed two, that would be 10 games, then a full year after that.

He's never failed a drug test with the NFL though, and that was two years ago. I think it would be a very minor factor for any team looking to trade for him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:25 pm 

As has been said, 4th rd'er I pull the trigger immediately. If we're still talkin bout this next week, 5th would do it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:06 pm 

Watt Power wrote:
As has been said, 4th rd'er I pull the trigger immediately. If we're still talkin bout this next week, 5th would do it.

The worst we can do standing pat is a 3rd rounder. No way we do something to get less than that.