It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Because Tomlin
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:42 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
RemoAZ wrote:
How the hell could anyone that has ever watched a football game, let alone coached in the NFL, looked at a long FG in the rain and say, we'll just settle for that? Holy shit that's beyond stupid. How the fuck can anyone defend that decision?

Bottom line.
For all the shit play. Sloppy execution. Unprepared, turling early, punting instead of going deep in Browns territory.....

He still had time to coach this team to a win in OT.....

And then he plays like its a beauty of a Sunday afternoon on a clean grass field.

Moron.
You play too win the game.
1st 2nd 2nd down...
Run up gut.
Run stretch to outside with 10 men up... and a tired back too booot....on a wet field.
Jeez.

Oh yes- I forgot about that...couldn’t use Ridley or Samuels at all this game?

Were they injured?

Incidentally is early evidence that no- Tomlin will not, in fact, properly utilize his three RBs, bit will go run the wheels off whoever is the starter.

The Patriots had 4 different players carry the ball today. Total of 120 yards at 4 ypc and no game changing fumbles...We've got the cool shades moron who doesn't realize that he has another running back...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:43 pm 

steelsmitty wrote:
Yea that was a very makeable kick. Not sure why boz is getting a free pass. He got paid in the offseason to make that kick

Absolutely. That was game over.

But if you look at his other kicks, I think maybe he wasn't confident in the footing [which would be understandable in those conditions].

Again, my position is there are at least 10 plays - mostly on offense - that would have given us the 'W'. I blame that lack of execution on Tomlin not having the team ready to play [as many of us expected].

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:45 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Incidentally is early evidence that no- Tomlin will not, in fact, properly utilize his three RBs, bit will go run the wheels off whoever is the starter.

I don't think he's actually that involved in the offense. Although I could see him pounding a philosophy that you "don't hand the ball to cold hands". Actually totally something well-developed bullshit would say.

I think today is ample evidence, that Tomlin's fingerprints are all over the playcalling.

Other than a few less bubble screens, I didn't notice much of a difference from last year.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:46 pm 

Given the weather forecast, I wonder how many times Cool Shades Moron had the team practice with wet footballs. Handoffs, passing, kicking, general ball security. I'd bet it is a big fucking zero.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:48 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
Given the weather forecast, I wonder how many times Cool Shades Moron had the team practice with wet footballs. Handoffs, passing, kicking, general ball security. I'd bet it is a big fucking zero.

I don't think that was the issue, though. What I saw was an offense that wasn't quite crisp enough due to lack of reps.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:49 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:

The Patriots had 4 different players carry the ball today. Total of 120 yards at 4 ypc and no game changing fumbles...We've got the cool shades moron who doesn't realize that he has another running back...

The very same stains they played today had the same number of rushers today.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:51 pm 

Good thing Ben lost those 15 lbs. or whatever the fuck because he is still as slow as a 70 year old with polio towing a Chevy. I thought the defense held up pretty well until we started turtling on offense. Oh, and did James Washington fuck Tomlin's cat or something? Was he even on the field for an offensive snap?

Good god. My Sundays are going to be freed up pretty quickly if this is the shit I have to watch. I live in Kansas City and this Chiefs team coming in next week is solid. They are going to stretch our D big time with weapons all over the field. We are going to need to score a shit ton of points to beat them. What a fucking debacle. Good to know Tomlin is still all sizzle and no steak, no attention to detail, a pure bullshit artist. I fucking hate him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:00 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Baltostiller wrote:

I don't think that was the issue, though. What I saw was an offense that wasn't quite crisp enough due to lack of reps.

I'm not saying that is why they lost but the ball slipping through JJs hands, Conner fumble, Ben sailing passes makes me think that Tomlin doesn't stress the little things that can change games. I believe it showed today. Did Boswell kick a waterlogged ball in practice this week? I doubt it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:03 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
bad weather and you go conserative to give your FG kicker a long FG stupid

Might have been the most frustrating part of a highly frustrating day...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:05 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
I'm not saying that is why they lost but the ball slipping through JJs hands, Conner fumble, Ben sailing passes makes me think that Tomlin doesn't stress the little things that can change games. I believe it showed today.

I don't disagree. I think that's all in complete agreement with a lack of reps.

And we're not even talking about the penalties. Tomlin is far from the worst, but he's also not a disciplinarian. His teams routinely struggle with discipline early in the year.

Again, we can blame players and maybe we should....but this is the sort of unprepared slop we've come to expect 2-3 times a year from Tomlin teams.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:08 pm 

Add to that at least once in playoffs... :(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:20 pm 

sickening. when steelers punted in the overtime I could not stomach any more bullshit and left. with the comedy of errors and penalties its a miracle they tied. had it been anyone but Cleveland. Conner looked good. kept for fumble. my question? why the hell not spell Conner some. running wheels off him? dude had to be exhausted . fuck; mix in Ridley for fresh legs. just a garbage shit show. game shoulda been salted away 21-7. then they try cute run. fuck; plunge up the gut 3 times and fucking punt. defense gets gashed rushing to open 2 nd half. look like Jax game. refs fucking us all day long. Artie burns is a prick.. embarrassing shit!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:24 pm 

I don't care what anyone says. Giving up a 14 point lead to the stains in the 3rd quarter followed by a tie after overtime is a loss in my mind. Is this because of Tomlin? Sure his fingerprints are all over this loss. Is Tomlin solely to blame? No. More than enough blame to go around the entire locker room twice. Big loss to start the season. JMHO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:26 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
I don't care what anyone says. Giving up a 14 point lead to the stains in the 3rd quarter followed by a tie after overtime is a loss in my mind. Is this because of Tomlin? Sure his fingerprints are all over this loss. Is Tomlin solely to blame? No. More than enough blame to go around the entire locker room twice. Big loss to start the season. JMHO

Should be a loss on general principle. What a shit show.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:22 pm 

oh a tie is a loss!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:52 pm 

Yeah, they could still go 14-1-1 right?! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:57 pm 

Blew this game big time Ben was garbage and the don't like how they turtled late and why the fuck no breaks for Conner?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:11 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
No we didn’t. After Conner’s second TD, we didn’t even get the ball back until there was 3:27 left in the quarter, and proceeded to have a long drive down to Cleveland’s 38.

HOWEVER, I will put one questionable decision on Tomlin there...and it came on that drive.

Steelers third and 10 at the Browns’ 38...the playcall is a run by Conner which gets 4 yards.

Now I thought this playcall signalled that the Steelers felt they were in two-down territory and were going to go for it on 4th down.

Nope...silly me...the Steelers punted.

So the run call then made absolutely no sense.

This was easily Tomlin's biggest mistake.

Punting there is pure dicklessness. Good coaches put the game away at that opportunity.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:36 pm 

I was otherwise occupied and didnt get to follow much of anything for this game.
But this outcome is ... confusing? Im mostly confused. Angry, sure. But mostly confused.
How did we get a two TD lead in Q4 after turning the ball over four times?
Why cant we protect a two TD lead with less than a half of a quarter against castoffs like Tyrod Taylor and Smokin' Josh Gordon?

I expected Cleveland to be more competitive this year but as per usual, they gotta be Cleveland. Its a minor consolation at best that we both got fucked in the division race.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:19 pm 

DrMalba wrote:
I was otherwise occupied and didnt get to follow much of anything for this game.
But this outcome is ... confusing? Im mostly confused. Angry, sure. But mostly confused.
How did we get a two TD lead in Q4 after turning the ball over four times?
Why cant we protect a two TD lead with less than a half of a quarter against castoffs like Tyrod Taylor and Smokin' Josh Gordon?

I expected Cleveland to be more competitive this year but as per usual, they gotta be Cleveland. Its a minor consolation at best that we both got fucked in the division race.

The answer is the title of this thread.

#FreeSTD
#Obviously

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:26 am 

Strategy (situational game management by extension).

The key attribute an HC must excel at.

Tomlin significantly lacks this.

Directly affects the tactics that the coordinators employ.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:18 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Yeah, they could still go 14-1-1 right?! :lol:

Tomlin just trying to make sure Vegas gets it right on the win total. they give us 10.5 so Mike figured getting the .5 early was gonna be the best way to approach the season.

Quote:
LAS VEGAS' OVER/UNDER PROJECTED WIN TOTALS FOR 2018 SEASON
Pittsburgh Steelers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:40 am 

RemoAZ wrote:
How the hell could anyone that has ever watched a football game, let alone coached in the NFL, looked at a long FG in the rain and say, we'll just settle for that? Holy shit that's beyond stupid. How the fuck can anyone defend that decision?

Mind numbing even Andy Reid is trying to get the TD there and not putting it on the kicker in that weather.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:11 am 

Bump

Because Tomlin.

#FreeSTD
#Obviously

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:40 pm 

Bump.

Because Tomlin.

#FreeSTD
#Obviously

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next